Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   OCD (https://www.takethislife.com/ocd/)
-   -   Lost interest in life (https://www.takethislife.com/ocd/lost-interest-life-80594/)

ruch2486 01-04-13 06:23 AM

Lost interest in life

I feel really depressed these days. I am sincere, honest and hardworking. Also I help people a lot. All my college friends, most of them who are really cunning are doing extremely well in their career. I do my work in a perfect manner yet I didnt land up with a really good job and its been more than three years now with no promotion or a good salary hike. When I compare myself with others, I feel extremely depressed. Why did such things happen to me despite never being involved in office politics, etc?

super147 01-04-13 06:30 AM

Everyone walks different paths in their lives. Even three people from identical starting positions will walk different paths, as will three people in the same job in the same office. We all have different skill sets, we all have different personalities and different personal circumstances. It's never a good idea to compare yourself to others, it's better just to focus on yourself and on meeting your own needs. Your motivation should come from within yourself and it should be about and for yourself.

Some people will always be better at certain things than you are. You'll be better at certain things than they are. The things that you are better at may not necessarily be as advantageous in your work. That is not to say that they aren't worth every bit as much. Some people know how to play the system, they've got it down to a fine art. They know how to climb the ladder. That's not to say that they'll stay there for long. I've been with my company for almost 12yrs now and I've seen many a rising star come crashing back down. In fact, out of the 14 or so people that comprised my initial work team there are only two left and I'm one of those two. At least a few of those were predatory climbers, they were destined for great things.

Focus on your own position, on your own strengths and use them to your best advantage. Strategy is everything. Speed can overcome strength, intelligence can overcome aggression and so on. Find your niche and own that space. Be the best at what you, as an individual entity, can offer.

Mihaela 01-31-13 05:56 PM

Hi there!
Do not feel like this, you are a special person, different from the others. The fact that your boss can't see it doesn't mean that your are not important, that what you do is insignificant. Like the rest you are important! Do not ever lose the faith in your own powers! Do not try to compare yourself with others, it has no meaning because you aren't alike. Everyone is different, imagine that you can't act like your colleagues to get that promotion. I think you should act like yourself and when the time comes the things that you desire the most will be handed to you. And at all cost do not lose interest in life, it is yours and besides job there are other stuffs that deserve your attention, i am sure. When you feel down just think that it could have been ten times worst, get up and enjoy your life because it is your right.

I wish you all the best and never lose the hope!