Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Inspirational Music and Movies (https://www.takethislife.com/inspirational-music-movies/)
-   -   I'm Broken - Pantera (https://www.takethislife.com/inspirational-music-movies/im-broken-pantera-80020/)

allhopeisgone 12-18-12 12:42 PM

I'm Broken - Pantera

I fucking love this song... such raw emotion :D

Pantera - I'm Broken (Video) - YouTube

NoOneNoWhere 01-09-13 08:07 PM

Pantera, huh?
I love Pantera. Amazing band.
"Allhopeisgone" ~ referral to Slipknot?

allhopeisgone 01-13-13 08:31 PM

Yeah... i have always have known about them and knew a few songs but recently i have got really into them... they are such an amazing band! It's a shame i never got chance to see them when they were around!!

And yep... 'allhopeisgone' is a referral to Slipknot. I am impressed, you know your music :)

NoOneNoWhere 01-22-13 09:47 AM

They are a brilliant band, Pantera. Love a lot of their songs.

Slipknot ~ love those too.
Impressed I found someone who likes the same music ^-^

allhopeisgone 01-22-13 01:12 PM

Uh huh, totally agree! My favourite of theirs has to be 5 minutes alone :) Fucking awesome! Have you heard his other band... Down? They are pretty damn good too, you should totally give them a listen if you get chance.

As for Slipknot... they are one of my fav bands ever... can't wait to see them again this year :D

Hahaha, yeah it's cool that you like the same music :) Any gigs lined up?

NoOneNoWhere 01-23-13 11:10 AM

Hole In The Sky is one of my favourites from Pantera c:

I take it you're seeing them at Download? Hopefully I'm gonna be there too, so I'll be watching c: saw them at Sonisphere 2011. Was beautiful.

The only gigs I have lined up are in the summer :c
I'm seeing a band called SOiL, and obviously Download, and if any gigs/shows pop up I'll be there too c:

How about you?

allhopeisgone 01-23-13 05:21 PM

Yay... awesome :D

Yep i will be at Download... got my ticket a while ago now, i can't wait. I saw them at Sonisphere too... they were truly amazing. Seriously one of the best live acts i have seen.

I saw Soil last year in December for the second time and they were brilliant... i love the song 'Unreal' I got to high five Ryan McCombs too :P :P

I haven't got much lined up as of yet... Download is the main one so far but i am going to see The Bronx next month, that should be good :) but as you say if any more pop up i will be there :D

NoOneNoWhere 01-23-13 05:29 PM

I saw them in December last year too!

The band are friends with a relative of mine, so I hung out with them! I love them so much. I was at the Electric Ballroom and then stayed on tour with them one more night and we went to Brighton! I spent like the entire after party with Ryan, and he ran across the room to dance with me and copied me because I was so shy! I have lyrics from "Unreal" tattooed on my arms..

Wow. You're the only other person I've met who knows who they are!

allhopeisgone 01-23-13 05:41 PM

That is really freaky and such a weird coincidence!!!! I'm talking about the song... haha. Not many of my friends like the same music as me so it is kind of cool to talk to someone who has decent taste :P
Wow... that is sooo cool. I'm slightly jealous but proper pleased for you that you got to hang with them and that he was nice to you etc. :D
I saw them in Manchester :) What did you think of Fozzy and Breed 77?

NoOneNoWhere 01-23-13 05:45 PM

Fozzy and Breed 77 weren't too bad.

Chris Jericho spoke to me and I had no idea who he was. I had to ask my step mother who it was. Then when he spoke to me the next day, he had taken his sunglasses off so I didn't know who he was again. The guitarist from Fozzy is friends with my step mother, and he gave me his guitar pick. Also have the guitar pick that Tim King used on stage in London. He ran off stage to pat me on the head, cuz I was standing right on the side. The guitarist with Chris Jericho is a nice guy, he laughs a lot.

Wow, I'm genuinely amazed I found someone who likes the same music as I do lmfao. That's so weird.

allhopeisgone 01-23-13 05:50 PM

As if you didn't know who he was hahahaha... Well as geeky as it sounds i am a massive wrestling fan... always have been from a young age and Chris Jericho has always been one of my favourites, so when i heard he had a band out i had to check them out. I really like them. I saw them at Sonisphere too and got to meet him and get his autograph on my lanyard which is hung up on my wall :P
His books are really good, interesting and funny. If you are interested in reading at all i really recommend the two he has written :)
Breed 77 were better than i expected, i think they are playing again this year on a headline tour by themselves.

NoOneNoWhere 01-23-13 05:53 PM

I've never liked wrestling :c

I honestly had no idea who he was. I'd heard the name before, but not seen the face.
Meh neither were fantastic. In the Electric Ballroom I was practically squished by two men behind me who were screaming to Chris about wrestling. I was really just there for SOiL. Been a long, long time fan. Tim King contacted me on Facebook when he saw my tattoo in a picture that's on their fan page. I didn't come down off the ceiling for days. Long time crush. I did ask him to come home with me when I met him, but he just laughed. Kinda insulted.

allhopeisgone 01-23-13 05:57 PM

haha, no way you didn't know who Chris Jericho was :P As geeky as it sounds i have always been a massive wrestling fan from a young age and he has always been one of my favourites, so when i knew he had a band out i had to check them out. I think they are pretty decent. I got to see them at Sonisphere and met Chris Jericho and got his autograph on my lanyard which is hung up on my wall :P
If you like reading... he has got two autobiographies out and they are brilliant... funny, clever and really interesting. I seriously recommend them :)
Breed 77 were better than i expected too to be honest. They are playing again this year on a solo headline tour so i might go and check them out again :)

allhopeisgone 01-23-13 05:58 PM

ahhhhh... sorry for similar message... i thought it hadn't sent so i re wrote it :S Bare with me!! :S

NoOneNoWhere 01-23-13 05:59 PM

I have no idea what just happened there :s

Yeah I'll have a gander at the books if I spot them somewhere. I love reading. He seems like a nice guy, does Mr Jericho. Papa Roach got announced for Download 2013, do you like those guys?

NoOneNoWhere 01-23-13 05:59 PM

OH sorry just saw your new message :P

allhopeisgone 01-23-13 06:00 PM

Yeah the main reason i went was for Soil really. Fozzy playing was just an added bonus. The same as the year before when they played with Puddle of Mudd. I was so excited to see soil that i nearly forgot that they were playing afterwards!
What part of the song have you got tattooed?
That's pretty cool that he took the time to get in contact with you :) but sucks for you that he didn't accept the offer :P

allhopeisgone 01-23-13 06:02 PM

Papa Roach were good 'back in the day' Fuck i sound old saying that... but now it seems to have gone much more mellow etc... but i will probably check them out again if they don't clash with anyone i really want to see! I can't wait to see Down... Phil Anselmo's band :D

NoOneNoWhere 01-23-13 06:02 PM

I sent you a message on here c: hope that's ok, checking the forums is a real pain at the minute :c