Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Alternative Treatment (https://www.takethislife.com/alternative-treatment/)
-   -   What comforts you? (https://www.takethislife.com/alternative-treatment/what-comforts-you-74701/)

hottea654 07-20-12 02:17 AM

What comforts you?

What comforts you when you feel down? What do you do, where do you go, who do you call, what do you say and think and how do you respond to yourself when you feel depressed so that it helps?

rikki 07-20-12 02:44 AM

Smoking pot helps me relax.
I like to talk to strangers or the people who know of my 2 suicide attempts so they know the depth of the situation, there are only a couple people.
I also like to work a lot to keep myself busy. But sometimes I find myself working way way too hard.

Basically its what works for you. Find someone who isnt biased and too invloved in your day to day life to talk to when you really need it. Any one at all.

hellbound 07-20-12 06:01 PM

Well, I can't stand being physically close to another human being, but giving my dog a cuddle helps. The only other thing is flying rc aeroplanes.

hottea654 07-20-12 10:02 PM

:biggrin: Thanks guys

hottea654 03-04-13 09:40 AM

I make some good food, try to work on something that brings a sense of reward like a goal- even a clean home is a goal- go to the grocery store, have a conversation with someone new or known that makes me feel like I am a part of this world. I can go for a walk, which also seems to set right my mind. Walking has been particularly helpful over the years when I feel bad.

Rueval 03-04-13 09:46 AM

I like spending time with animals usually go for a walk and end up spending an hour or so talking to horses or saying hello to every dog and their owner I see.
A walk on a quiet beach also helps......

andrewmcspandrew 03-04-13 09:49 AM

Music :=] I'm feeling completely at home with Ella Fitzgerald at the moment :=]

Gene Poule 03-04-13 10:10 AM

As strange as its sounds, I'm most happy when in the shower. I could stay in, and, allow the hot water to wash away my sorrows for and hour+, until I'm a shriveled up prune.

abalone 03-04-13 10:44 AM

playing with my dog and music. my kids also, but they live away and it also makes me hurt. bitter sweet?

abalone 03-04-13 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hottea654 (Post 804612)
What comforts you when you feel down? What do you do, where do you go, who do you call, what do you say and think and how do you respond to yourself when you feel depressed so that it helps?

music and playing with my dog; i sit in my chair and cry, i go no where, i have no one to call, i try to hear my grandmother in her sweet comforting voice tell me i'm worth something and beautiful. sometimes it works. sometimes i get angry, mostly i cry, and i seek kind words here. :sob: