Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Inspirational Music and Movies (https://www.takethislife.com/inspirational-music-movies/)
-   -   Artists who inspire you? (https://www.takethislife.com/inspirational-music-movies/artists-who-inspire-you-71531/)

PinkBalloon 04-11-12 07:54 PM

Artists who inspire you?

Its 2 am here and I'm up listening to music :) Just triggered the thought, who are peoples favorite artists, not neccessarily ispirational, maybe just because you love their music and it makes you happy?

A few of mine are, Jessie J, Eminem, Avril Lavigne, The Script, Coldplay, loads more :) xxx

Quiet1 04-11-12 07:59 PM

I like Michael Jackson because he cares so much about others and making a difference in their lives. And he's one of the few adults I know who doesn't like when children get hurt. Also, I can relate to his missing out on traditional childhood and wanting to relive it.

PinkBalloon 04-11-12 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet1 (Post 718859)
I like Michael Jackson because he cares so much about others and making a difference in their lives. And he's one of the few adults I know who doesn't like when children get hurt. Also, I can relate to his missing out on traditional childhood and wanting to relive it.

Yess Michael Jackson! Love him! Gonna have to listen to Earth song now <3 xxxx

Lolita 07-22-12 06:06 AM

I loved The Beatles ever since I was a wee one, so many of their songs are so beautiful and put me in a great mood. Same thing for Crosby, Stills and Nash.

heartmindmusic 08-05-12 12:21 AM

I really like Peter Bradley Adams, Justin King, Trevor Gordon Hall, Don Eoss, Nickel Creek, and tons more..

FundamentalNail 08-05-12 05:51 AM

Mike Patton and Bjork.
Don't ask why :P

masterwin4 08-05-12 01:41 PM

A really like coldplay because their song a really inspirational, gives me thoughts what to write. Matthew West a song writer, a really fantastic man. Song about other people life storys, really lets you think about life. :)

LonelyCyborg 08-05-12 01:44 PM

Michael Jackson and Bjork.

lizaros 09-16-12 06:58 AM

Kate Bush!

Rueval 09-16-12 08:38 AM

The Clash,Tori Amos but my favouritevocalist has to be Kirsty Macoll such a beautiful voice and so much passion in her lyrics.

emily is broken 11-02-12 06:01 AM

i like a lot of diffrent artists, depending on how i'm feeling.

if i'm in a quiet relaxed mood i like listening to torie amos- because i love her piano playing, and also her lyrics speak a lot to me- especially some of the songs off the little earth quakes album

relaxation wise i also like enya, celtic woman, josh groban (especially his christmas music) and some other new age artists

if i'm in a more lively mood than i like michael jackson (thriller and billy jean) but any of his songs really. i like katy perry's music (firework is a real inspirational song) and also some of her lyrics in her more serious songs speak words to me

for when i'm in a hate the world- everything needs to die kind of mood, i enjoy eminem's music, linken park, the scorpions, rush, radiohead, AC/DC, all that.

their are loads of other artists i like listening to- but i'll be here all day so that is just a few

Rueval 11-02-12 06:48 AM

I really like Tori Amos Little earthquakes was the first album of hers I bought. I saw her in Portsmouth many years ago the Cornflake girl tour.
Dr Hook is another favourite of mine nice mellow music from a band that don't really take themselves serious.
My favourite female vocalist is Kirsty Mccoll I had a tear or three in myeye when I heard she passedaway.

If I am in a good mood just love the music of Joe Strummer (The Clash, Mescaleroes) not everyones cup of tea but he has to be one of the greatest writer/singers in my opinion.

Johnny Cash has music for however I feel his song Hurt has been played on repeat for hours at a time. He is just a legend especially the redemption song which he sang with Joe Strummer.

emily is broken 11-02-12 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rueval (Post 869832)
I really like Tori Amos Little earthquakes was the first album of hers I bought. I saw her in Portsmouth many years ago the Cornflake girl tour.
Dr Hook is another favourite of mine nice mellow music from a band that don't really take themselves serious.
My favourite female vocalist is Kirsty Mccoll I had a tear or three in myeye when I heard she passedaway.

If I am in a good mood just love the music of Joe Strummer (The Clash, Mescaleroes) not everyones cup of tea but he has to be one of the greatest writer/singers in my opinion.

Johnny Cash has music for however I feel his song Hurt has been played on repeat for hours at a time. He is just a legend especially the redemption song which he sang with Joe Strummer.

i almost forgot about dr hook, i love the song "silvia's mother". so nice!

i've not really heard kirsty on her own.. just her singing with the pogues in " fairytale of new york" classic christmas song!

the clash... hmm, i like london calling, and should i stay or should i go

Rueval 11-02-12 08:37 AM

Try listening to New England by Kirsty and perfect day by Evan Dando and Kirsty Maccoll.
Dr Hook songs A little bit more and I don't want to be alone tonight So much meaning in them.

I am listening to Cat Stevens now another one that is worth a listen.

emily is broken 11-02-12 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rueval (Post 869913)
Try listening to New England by Kirsty and perfect day by Evan Dando and Kirsty Maccoll.
Dr Hook songs A little bit more and I don't want to be alone tonight So much meaning in them.

I am listening to Cat Stevens now another one that is worth a listen.

cat steven's voice drives me crazy- his voice reminds me so much of rod steuart.. so dry and horrible

i do like the lyrics of some of his songs though- i like wild world, father and son, and morning has broken.. but just the lyrics- not really him singing them

Rueval 11-02-12 08:49 AM

lol if we liked the same stuff the world would be a boring place.
I don't like Rod Stewart either...........

emily is broken 11-02-12 08:58 AM

what about brian adams?

though i find his voice like rod's, i actually enjoy his music- especially summer of 69.. always been a classic tune for me

Rueval 11-02-12 09:05 AM

Yes I like Brian Adams, Joe cocker is ok as well and his voice is so gravely.
I think with Rod Stewart a lot of it has to do with his image as well.

ChasingShadows 01-13-13 01:37 PM

Maynard James Keenan from Tool, A Perfect Circle and Puscifer. Incredible singer, Incredible song writer. Genius!

Alissa White-Gluz from The Agonist. Amazing vocalist and she writes so many songs i can relate to :)

nara 01-17-13 05:26 PM

I love tool :) always good no matter what mood, if you are feeling rubbish the lyrics can really help you to see things differently. I love lataralus, such an amazing album. Also I love listening to Bjork, she's another good one for getting you to see things differently

Sir Benet Exxul 01-19-13 05:30 PM

The Devil's Blood. That band...amazing psychedelic hard rock with a powerful female singer similar to Grace of Jefferson Airplane with the groove and heaviness of Black Sabbath. I'm not really sure how to describe them, but you have to EXPERIENCE them, not just listen to them:

The Devil&#39;s Blood - Christ Or Cocaine, live @ Metal Forces Festival 2009 - YouTube