Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Inspirational Music and Movies (https://www.takethislife.com/inspirational-music-movies/)
-   -   Artists who inspire you? (https://www.takethislife.com/inspirational-music-movies/artists-who-inspire-you-71531/)

emily is broken 11-02-12 06:01 AM

i like a lot of diffrent artists, depending on how i'm feeling.

if i'm in a quiet relaxed mood i like listening to torie amos- because i love her piano playing, and also her lyrics speak a lot to me- especially some of the songs off the little earth quakes album

relaxation wise i also like enya, celtic woman, josh groban (especially his christmas music) and some other new age artists

if i'm in a more lively mood than i like michael jackson (thriller and billy jean) but any of his songs really. i like katy perry's music (firework is a real inspirational song) and also some of her lyrics in her more serious songs speak words to me

for when i'm in a hate the world- everything needs to die kind of mood, i enjoy eminem's music, linken park, the scorpions, rush, radiohead, AC/DC, all that.

their are loads of other artists i like listening to- but i'll be here all day so that is just a few

Rueval 11-02-12 06:48 AM

I really like Tori Amos Little earthquakes was the first album of hers I bought. I saw her in Portsmouth many years ago the Cornflake girl tour.
Dr Hook is another favourite of mine nice mellow music from a band that don't really take themselves serious.
My favourite female vocalist is Kirsty Mccoll I had a tear or three in myeye when I heard she passedaway.

If I am in a good mood just love the music of Joe Strummer (The Clash, Mescaleroes) not everyones cup of tea but he has to be one of the greatest writer/singers in my opinion.

Johnny Cash has music for however I feel his song Hurt has been played on repeat for hours at a time. He is just a legend especially the redemption song which he sang with Joe Strummer.

emily is broken 11-02-12 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rueval (Post 869832)
I really like Tori Amos Little earthquakes was the first album of hers I bought. I saw her in Portsmouth many years ago the Cornflake girl tour.
Dr Hook is another favourite of mine nice mellow music from a band that don't really take themselves serious.
My favourite female vocalist is Kirsty Mccoll I had a tear or three in myeye when I heard she passedaway.

If I am in a good mood just love the music of Joe Strummer (The Clash, Mescaleroes) not everyones cup of tea but he has to be one of the greatest writer/singers in my opinion.

Johnny Cash has music for however I feel his song Hurt has been played on repeat for hours at a time. He is just a legend especially the redemption song which he sang with Joe Strummer.

i almost forgot about dr hook, i love the song "silvia's mother". so nice!

i've not really heard kirsty on her own.. just her singing with the pogues in " fairytale of new york" classic christmas song!

the clash... hmm, i like london calling, and should i stay or should i go

Rueval 11-02-12 08:37 AM

Try listening to New England by Kirsty and perfect day by Evan Dando and Kirsty Maccoll.
Dr Hook songs A little bit more and I don't want to be alone tonight So much meaning in them.

I am listening to Cat Stevens now another one that is worth a listen.

emily is broken 11-02-12 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rueval (Post 869913)
Try listening to New England by Kirsty and perfect day by Evan Dando and Kirsty Maccoll.
Dr Hook songs A little bit more and I don't want to be alone tonight So much meaning in them.

I am listening to Cat Stevens now another one that is worth a listen.

cat steven's voice drives me crazy- his voice reminds me so much of rod steuart.. so dry and horrible

i do like the lyrics of some of his songs though- i like wild world, father and son, and morning has broken.. but just the lyrics- not really him singing them

Rueval 11-02-12 08:49 AM

lol if we liked the same stuff the world would be a boring place.
I don't like Rod Stewart either...........

emily is broken 11-02-12 08:58 AM

what about brian adams?

though i find his voice like rod's, i actually enjoy his music- especially summer of 69.. always been a classic tune for me

Rueval 11-02-12 09:05 AM

Yes I like Brian Adams, Joe cocker is ok as well and his voice is so gravely.
I think with Rod Stewart a lot of it has to do with his image as well.

ChasingShadows 01-13-13 01:37 PM

Maynard James Keenan from Tool, A Perfect Circle and Puscifer. Incredible singer, Incredible song writer. Genius!

Alissa White-Gluz from The Agonist. Amazing vocalist and she writes so many songs i can relate to :)

nara 01-17-13 05:26 PM

I love tool :) always good no matter what mood, if you are feeling rubbish the lyrics can really help you to see things differently. I love lataralus, such an amazing album. Also I love listening to Bjork, she's another good one for getting you to see things differently