Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Anxiety (https://www.takethislife.com/anxiety/)
-   -   Can anxiety kill you? Caus I feel like im dying inside. (https://www.takethislife.com/anxiety/can-anxiety-kill-you-caus-i-66117/)

unconventional89 10-24-11 10:27 PM

Can anxiety kill you? Caus I feel like im dying inside.

Heavy breathing, constant drumming of the heart beat, heart pains, muscle tension, migraine (feels like a tumour constantly bulging my head) numbness & this is just the physical side of anxiety.

Inside is the real killer; emptyness.. -_-

No emotion. I cnt evn smile without it being fake anymore. I can't think straight, my mind is clouded by persistent tension & excessive worrying about wt will happen if x happened & how wud I cope with x, the desire for a beautiful big house, career & family & the fear of death. This never leaves me, anywere I go theres no escape. Its physically draining & upsettin to the point of uncontrollable.

No1 relates to anxiety, its often misjudged as 'just nerves' or 'shyness'. Im only 22, fairly fit & healthy & i feel unable to venture out in life & explore my desires outside of my room. I wouldn't wish this mental torture on any1..

ukillwe 10-24-11 10:33 PM

I wish anxiety would kill you, we'd all suffer a lot less wouldn't we?
I know that meditation can help you control anxiety, that might be worth looking into. It might help you with the emptiness and lack of motivation as well.

I preach but, need to practice.....

StrutsUK 10-24-11 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unconventional89 (Post 661093)
Heavy breathing, constant drumming of the heart beat, heart pains, muscle tension, migraine (feels like a tumour constantly bulging my head) numbness & this is just the physical side of anxiety.

Inside is the real killer; emptyness.. -_-

No emotion. I cnt evn smile without it being fake anymore. I can't think straight, my mind is clouded by persistent tension & excessive worrying about wt will happen if x happened & how wud I cope with x, the desire for a beautiful big house, career & family & the fear of death. This never leaves me, anywere I go theres no escape. Its physically draining & upsettin to the point of uncontrollable.

No1 relates to anxiety, its often misjudged as 'just nerves' or 'shyness'. Im only 22, fairly fit & healthy & i feel unable to venture out in life & explore my desires outside of my room. I wouldn't wish this mental torture on any1..

i had it mate, bit like yourself fit and strong, sometimes it got soo bad i went deaf in me left ear

you need a focus mate thats only thing saved me, not pills or listening to me missus

Knox 10-25-11 06:26 AM

I know exactly how you feel, and I am so sorry you are feeling it too. It is horrible, I know.

I don't really have any advice because obviously I have not even found help for myself let alone others, but just know you're not alone. Medication can help, and that's my next hope for myself, going to speak to a doctor about it. But I also agree with StrutsUK - finding a focus in life is very positive. I don't think it's good to just rely on pills, but when anxiety gets overwhelming, it can be a good option to just put your mind at ease for a while so you can regain control of your life.

I really hope your anxiety subsides, no one deserves to go through this :hug:

Anxiety alone doesn't kill people, but it can be harmful. It's not good for a person's health to be constantly under so much stress.

Weylandyutani 10-25-11 08:16 AM

Greetings, hope you are feeling better by now.

I can't personally relate as I suffer with depression. My girlfriend suffers horrendously with anxiety however so I recognise the symptoms and as a paramedic I see many a panic attack induced by chronic anxiety mistaken for an MI or heart-attack. Just because anxiety as a "disease" or affliction cannot outright kill a person doesn't mean it should be taken any less seriously.

The only way in which a panic attack could kill you would be to lead into serious hyperventilation leading to a syncope (faint) and consequently a head injury in which a person could potentially bleed out!

Be safe

rememberthegirl 11-01-11 10:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Unconventional89...so sorry to hear this. unfortunately i cannot offer any advice either but just wanted to say that you are not alone and thankyou for putting that into words....because that sums up perfectly how ive been feeling for many many years.

Ive managed to result to forcing myself out of my room and interacting with ppl, tho its hard. It's draining to fake a smile 24/7. And sometimes it just seems easier to not have to rely on other people that will just make my problems worse anyway... so then i push them away or sabotage my relationships out of fear of what may happen. Or i just do this from a complete inability to feel anything other than numbness.

unconventional89 11-01-11 11:42 PM

I can't even sustain a smile. I'll fake it :smile: before it quikly turns to a straight face -_-. Iv been empty for so long I just don't feel no emotion anymore, & the occasional time I do its sadness; sadness of how Ive fallen into this pit of despair. I agree, a focus would detract from being couped on my own in my room 24/7. Its a challenge atm for me to break this chain of sleep deprivation. Maybe then I can pursue a more sustainable career :rolleyes:

theFuzzyness 11-03-11 07:41 PM

I'm 22 and have suffered from anxiety all my life as far as I can remember. When I was kid I would get sick to my stomach being around groups of people and first days of school. My parents always told my it was just me being nervous.

As I got older the symptoms got more noticeable and because I did not understand the feeling, I became more scared of it. You know when you realize you're panicking and you feel the tightness in your chest, it's harder to relax because you have no idea if it could be more serious.

It really suck man. Really Really does.

serz 11-13-11 01:29 PM

unconventinal89 this is my first post and i just had to say you have just explained exaclty how i am feeling and have felt for the last 10 years so i just wanted you to no that your not alone. Its so hard to carry on i but i hope it brings you some comfort to no that its not just you.

zara 11-14-11 06:58 PM

Anyone tried cognitive behavioural therapy?

I know exactly what your suffering from... the heart pains and numbness in my fingers made me think I had heart disease. I'm seeing a therapist now for anxiety and depression. Only had six sessions and can't say for sure it's working, but I am starting to think differently and becoming aware of triggers and the way I think. It's definitely hard work...training my brain to think a different way than to how I've thought all my life, sometimes it's so exhausting, esp cos anxiety and depression tires you out anyway, but if it doesn't help me, i don't know what else I'll do, cos I don't wanna have this panic, pain and suffering for the rest of my life.

I'd really recommend trying CBT.

WinnerButLoner 11-15-11 09:02 PM

i need to try cbt to. I feel great some days and a mess others so i feel your pain, i was terribly anxious, then flipped to being terribly outgoing and obnoxious, i have trouble dinding the middle ground at times. seek outside help is my advice, whether professional or a close friend, or a chat room if noone else is listening.

sherrycat 07-25-15 03:34 PM

It works only If you really want cbt to work it takes patience /discipline within yourself to make it work ...mind over matter