Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Male Issues (https://www.takethislife.com/male-issues/)
-   -   Should I just say "Fuck it"? (https://www.takethislife.com/male-issues/should-i-just-say-fuck-59899/)

HiMyNameIsRyan 04-26-11 04:31 PM

Should I just say "Fuck it"?
 
Like seriously, should I just talk to the girl near me on the bus and try and strike up a convo? Or the girl sitting near me in class? Whats a good first line?
I'm 18 and never had a girlfriend, and I'm getting fed up with it. I'm also a big dude, so I'm really self-conscious about my image, and afraid that if I try and talk to a girl she will eitheir ignore me, laugh at me, or kind of weakly respond with a expression that clearly shows she wants me to go away and the convo just kinda dies.

pixystyx 04-26-11 04:45 PM

yes.. you won't get a girl if you don't talk to her.. How would she know you are interested?

blood red rose 04-26-11 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiMyNameIsRyan (Post 606249)
Like seriously, should I just talk to the girl near me on the bus and try and strike up a convo? Or the girl sitting near me in class? Whats a good first line?
I'm 18 and never had a girlfriend, and I'm getting fed up with it. I'm also a big dude, so I'm really self-conscious about my image, and afraid that if I try and talk to a girl she will eitheir ignore me, laugh at me, or kind of weakly respond with a expression that clearly shows she wants me to go away and the convo just kinda dies.

Being 18 and never having had a girlfriend is not by any means a negative thing. I'm 18 as well, and can tell you from experience your best off staying away from women. In the end they just fuck you over.

mmch85 04-26-11 05:05 PM

hey, its all about confidence. have a little think about what to say, and go over and say hello, it all starts there. but its just about having an air of confidece about you, its not all about looks.

i say just go for it, and if in the unlikely situation she does laugh at you.... shes a bitch and aint worth shit.

good luck mate

lifeisgood 05-08-11 06:50 AM

If you want to have a woman in your life, you need to get a life first. Take dance lessons. There's never enough men at dance classes. Get a small dog like a border terrier. Women love dogs, especially small dogs. Volunteer for something, take classes, put yourself in situations where you'll be interacting with women.

Then, tend to your grooming and appearance. Learn some jokes. Take an interest in the types of things that women are interested in, such as the royal family. But, whatever you do, don't obsess about women. Try to be relaxed around them. Women are keen readers of body language and they'll know what you're up to so you're gonna have to figure they are reading your mind.

Edit: and don't forget to smile. A lot. All the time.

unsleeper 05-11-11 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifeisgood (Post 608880)
If you want to have a woman in your life, you need to get a life first. Take dance lessons. There's never enough men at dance classes. Get a small dog like a border terrier. Women love dogs, especially small dogs. Volunteer for something, take classes, put yourself in situations where you'll be interacting with women.

Then, tend to your grooming and appearance. Learn some jokes. Take an interest in the types of things that women are interested in, such as the royal family. But, whatever you do, don't obsess about women. Try to be relaxed around them. Women are keen readers of body language and they'll know what you're up to so you're gonna have to figure they are reading your mind.

Edit: and don't forget to smile. A lot. All the time.

Permit me to disagree with your small dog thing - small dogs IMO make you seem effeminate. If any dog, a large one would be preferable, but really, that's quite irrelevant. Again IMO. Also, dance classes, another effeminate thing, IMO. OP said he's looking for a girl, not a guy.

Women can be shallow and hypocritical little worms at times, so appearance is always worth improving. However as a large guy myself, I can tell you that tending to your grooming and appearance is MUCH EASIER said than done. It's a whole battle in itself.

And fake smiling is, well, obviously, fake.

Sorry if I come across as an asshole, but my view on those things seems to greatly contradict yours and honesty is the best policy.

@OP: You have to have experience with them in order to hone your skills. Sure you might get jaded and apathetic like me, but maybe you'll learn something along the way. I say find a girl that you share common interests with, one that is similar to you. I haven't had any success myself, so you have every right to not believe my words. Best of luck to you.

SomethingInTheWay 05-11-11 04:37 AM

Keep it simple and just say hi and introduce yourself. Sometimes humor works, if there is something going on that is funny. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Make your first goal real simple, like finding out her name where she lives and what not.

TrollMongo 05-11-11 05:11 AM

Quote:

Being 18 and never having had a girlfriend is not by any means a negative thing. I'm 18 as well, and can tell you from experience your best off staying away from women. In the end they just fuck you over.
I'd have to disagree with the above statement...and since the poster is only 18, his experience level can't be to great.

I'd also ask you NOT to get a dog, or any animal just to try and attract women. Dogs need a good home and love, they don't deserve to be used just to try and "pick up chicks."

As far as your original question...if your shy about starting a convo, just try to make eye contact and smile. If she smiles back you in...if not, well, nothing lost...there are a thousand more out there to smile at...and some will smile back and want to get to know you. Remember, the girls are just as lonely as guys are, and want a S.O. just as much.

SomethingInTheWay 05-11-11 06:06 AM

I didn't get my dog to pick up chicks, but he is an awesome wingman. I don't even have to do anything usually - haha. They just come up to pet him and say how cute he is. It really helps break the ice. My dog isn't a small one either - he's a boxer.

Don't get a dog just to pick up girls, but they really do help. More so than babies, lol. I get far more girls coming up to me to meet my dog than when I take my niece and nephew out, even more so than when they were babies.

It helps too when your dog is like mine and is always eager to meet people. Also he is well behaved and likes to go with me everywhere, whether it is the coffee shop or the laundry mat. A cute dog at the laundry mat is pretty effective, lol.

SomethingInTheWay 05-11-11 07:08 AM

Also, I agree about dance classes and also yoga classes being good places to meet women. They are packed with women, because too many guys don't want to seem effeminate I think :P. One of my good friends met his girlfriend in Yoga class. Another one of my friends used to go to the women's volleyball games in college and actually started dating one the players. We gave him shit for it, at first, but we weren't exactly laughing at him when it worked :).

You'd be surprised, but going to places where there aren't many men tends to work for you. If anything I think it shows confidence.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2