Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Book Club (https://www.takethislife.com/book-club/)
-   -   Any reccomendations? (https://www.takethislife.com/book-club/any-reccomendations-59118/)

WhatIveDone 04-02-11 06:25 AM

Any reccomendations?

I really enjoy reading and ive read an awful lot of books over the past few years but recently i havent been able to find a good one, one that i can get in to.
My favourite genres are crime thrillers, horror, and fantasies.
If anyone could reccomend some good reads then i would very much appriciate it, thankyou :smile:

brandysnap 04-02-11 06:42 AM

I have heard Stephen King is good. I dont read him but i have heard he is good.

Aloneandsad 04-02-11 07:17 AM

I highly recommend J.D. Robb. She writes the "In Death" Series. Some titles include loyalty in death, Naked in Death, etc. Great reading!:thumbsup:

PillowMagnets 04-03-11 02:36 PM

I am currently reading Coin Locker Babies... I would definitely recommend it if you like strange little books.

rainyday 09-29-11 05:23 AM

Eragon and sequels were mighty excellent if you havent already read by Christopher Paolini.

Dan Browns Da Vinci code was good but Angels and Demons was better. Much better than the movies! Not sure about the Lost Symbol, I felt like it dragged on a bit.

I got sick of reading all the fantasy stuff for a while so I started reading classics/literature! Ive read To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee and The Book Thief which was really good. One of my favourites. Currently reading Pride and Prejudice!

If you like thriller mystery - I heard Agatha Christies books are awesome.

heheh :D

sweet release 09-29-11 07:46 AM

have you tried some of terry pratchets books?

or what about the darren shan saga

greyeyes 09-29-11 09:05 AM

Master and Margarita!!! It's the BOOK, if you haven't read it yet. It's got it all, a touch of fantasy, mysticism, romance and the devil lol. It's not just a fun read it will really teach you something, but you'll love everything about it:)

aliced 10-02-11 08:55 PM

Have you ever read any Agatha Christie books? I absolutely love her, it's all about solving crimes in England a few decades ago...
Some of my favorite books she wrote are:
The moving finger
Sad cypress
The body in the library
Murder in the orient express

ironmaidenfan 12-13-11 07:14 AM

I think the Harry Potter books are awesome if you like fantasies

FundamentalNail 12-13-11 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greyeyes (Post 651748)
Master and Margarita!!! It's the BOOK, if you haven't read it yet. It's got it all, a touch of fantasy, mysticism, romance and the devil lol. It's not just a fun read it will really teach you something, but you'll love everything about it:)

Yes yes yes yes!!! I've got this book and read some of it (I borrowed it from the library a while ago, never got to finish it, so I bought the book). It's hilarious, it's incredibly well written AND it's set in Russia! :tongue:

I also recommend anything by Haruki Murakami - there's a bit of fantasy and thriller-ish stuff in his works. Kafka on the Shore is excellent.

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever is another great series. It's long...my god it's long...but worth reading!