Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Book Club (https://www.takethislife.com/book-club/)
-   -   want suggestions- good fantasy books to read (https://www.takethislife.com/book-club/want-suggestions-good-fantasy-books-read-55860/)

sweet release 01-25-11 01:54 PM

want suggestions- good fantasy books to read

nothing like harry potter or narnia, i'm looking for something along those lines though

please suggest- it's all welcome

Sallyann 01-25-11 03:54 PM

I read the first 2 vampire diary books recently and I really didn't fancy reading them but they were absolutely amazing! I couldn't put the books down and read both of them within 2 days & went to the library to find more. So in conclusion, they were ok :P

sweet release 01-25-11 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sallyann (Post 573252)
I read the first 2 vampire diary books recently and I really didn't fancy reading them but they were absolutely amazing! I couldn't put the books down and read both of them within 2 days & went to the library to find more. So in conclusion, they were ok :P

i'll remember that- vampire diaries.

thanks!

mmch85 01-25-11 04:02 PM

The film (golden compass) was crap but the books were fantasic. "The northern lights" were amazing, really worth reading. I think I may reread them

sweet release 01-25-11 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmch85 (Post 573264)
The film (golden compass) was crap but the books were fantasic. "The northern lights" were amazing, really worth reading. I think I may reread them

philip pulman, yes?

i've actually heard a lot about him- think i'll have to read his series

want to find out what all the excitement's about:)

sunny1985 01-25-11 04:11 PM

What age range?
I really enjoyed the Robin Hobb range, once i picked one up i couldnt put it down for days.

mmch85 01-25-11 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweet release (Post 573267)
philip pulman, yes?

i've actually heard a lot about him- think i'll have to read his series

want to find out what all the excitement's about:)

Yes that's the author, really great. I took a day of work coz I couldn't put the last book down.... Naughty :/

Really tho, the film was diabolical!

blackrosesXbleedinghearts 01-27-11 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmch85 (Post 573264)

As long as you're cool with supporting an anti-God jackass... sorry, I just really needed to mention that

Don't take this offensively, but what gender are you? Just to check haha cuz most of the books I like are a bit more girl oriented...

sunlight 01-27-11 01:10 PM

You'ld probably enjoy the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.

If you want a more challenging read, you can't go wrong with anything by Stephen Donaldson, Joe Abercrombie, or Dan Simmons.

sweet release 01-27-11 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackrosesXbleedinghearts (Post 574164)
As long as you're cool with supporting an anti-God jackass... sorry, I just really needed to mention that

Don't take this offensively, but what gender are you? Just to check haha cuz most of the books I like are a bit more girl oriented...

no offence taken- actually i guess that's a valuable question to ask

i'm male..