Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Grieving (https://www.takethislife.com/grieving/)
-   -   She's Gone...... (https://www.takethislife.com/grieving/shes-gone-52182/)

Imisshersomuch 11-23-10 06:35 PM

She's Gone......

So, i'm on my own now, and life is soo hard to bear.

My wonderful wife, was taken away from me last month, and I feel very lost.
Friends and family come and say hello, but they won't bring her back. Nothing is going to bring her back, but i've got to the point now where I want to be with her again.

Because she has been battling cancer since January, I have been her career all year, and I think it's the routine that I miss aswell.
Trips to the hospital for appointments, collecting perscriptions, visiting the chemists.
Sorting her pills, helping with pain relief, visiting in hospital.
All these things are now missing.
The only thing I do have is visiting her grave, which I do every day without fail.

but I miss her so much.

TrollMongo 11-23-10 11:24 PM

Hi Imisshersomuch...Welcome to TTL.
I'm sorry for your loss, I can only imagine the pain and loneliness your feeling, but remember your wife is no longer sick or in pain. She is in a better place now.

OldLady 11-24-10 12:33 AM

I am so very, very sorry for your loss.

I am watching as my father grieves my mom, after sitting at her side until her death. I have also lost more than one relative and friend to cancer, and so I know, in a small way, your pain.

The hardest part is wishing they could still be with you, but also struggling with not wanting them to be in pain anymore. I guess what we really wish is that the cancer (or in my Mom's case dementia) didn't happen and that we could have them whole with us again.

I do care ... and I'm so sorry she has gone from your life. She must have been a wonderful woman for you to have loved her like this.

:hug:

Imisshersomuch 11-24-10 04:21 AM

Thanks for the welcome, it's nice to know someone else is out there.

I don't think Gail was in any pain when she died, she was on such a high dose of medication that she couldn't move. It was a bit like an induced coma at the end, just to ensure that she wasn't hurting.

It's been a very long month, and the days don't seem to get any different.
Routine is the key to everything i've been told, well, apart from going to the graveside everyday, the only other routine I seem to have is taking my meds. (sleeping pills and antiD's), but I think deep down, that I know it will get easier over time.
That thought doesn't take away the unbearable pain that I feel right now though.
This house feels so empty, and such a huge part of it is missing.
The world is such a sad place right now.
In my eyes, Gail is in heaven, and i've been left in hell.

I miss her so much.

totallyamazed 11-24-10 11:10 AM

I'm very sorry for your loss.

((((((((((((((comforting Hugs)))))))))))))))))))

Dania 11-25-10 04:09 AM

Sorry for your lose.

Everyone of us have to go through this difficult time. It's very pressing moment, I know. You can feel that she's still there with you.....she is with you !!

Take care.

strawberry bitch 11-25-10 04:18 AM

there are no words of comfort, so i just hug u instead...

((((((((((((imisshersomuch))))))))))))))))

welcome to our community.

Straw

Imisshersomuch 11-25-10 06:48 PM

Thank you all for the kind words.
I thought i'd share a verse which I found somewhere on the Internet, I don't know who wrote it, and can't remember where it came from, but the words are so true! It was read out at her funeral service, and even the priest shed a tear!

"God saw you getting tired, and a cure was not to be.
So he put his arms around you, and whispered 'come with me'
With tearful eyes I watched you, and saw you pass away,
although I loved you dearly, I could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands at rest,
God broke my heart to prove to me, he only takes the best"

blackrosesXbleedinghearts 11-26-10 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imisshersomuch (Post 546189)
Thank you all for the kind words.
I thought i'd share a verse which I found somewhere on the Internet, I don't know who wrote it, and can't remember where it came from, but the words are so true! It was read out at her funeral service, and even the priest shed a tear!

"God saw you getting tired, and a cure was not to be.
So he put his arms around you, and whispered 'come with me'
With tearful eyes I watched you, and saw you pass away,
although I loved you dearly, I could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands at rest,

God broke my heart to prove to me, he only takes the best"

they read that at my great grandmother's funeral, too :hug: it's beautiful, isn't it? sorry you're hurting so much.

Imisshersomuch 11-26-10 05:51 PM

I would love to know who wrote it?

:hug: