Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Grieving (https://www.takethislife.com/grieving/)
-   -   Death of a loved one... (https://www.takethislife.com/grieving/death-loved-one-51632/)

totallyamazed 11-15-10 09:24 AM

Death of a loved one...

Alot of you don't know the living arrangement I had with my ex-husband, father of 4 kids...He passed last Sun and I'm having a real hard time dealing with it...We divorced back in June, but had been together 30 years. He still lived with me because he had NO place else to go...His family in Florida wrote him off along time ago, didn't even send as much as a card after I called them to tell them of his passing.

The kids are very distressed as am I...He was 54 yrs old and was a good man who like all of us had flaws but he loved his children more than life it's self!

Randy had Hep c...diabetes..then got double pnuemonia and his body just shut down...

We will miss you Randy<3

brandysnap 11-15-10 09:31 AM

Hi dear T.A>

Im sorry to hear of your ex husbands passing - this must be devastating for you and the kids. MY thoughts and wishes go with you and the children .
((((((((((((((((((((((((T.A.)))))))))))))))))))))) )))

totallyamazed 11-15-10 10:03 AM

Thank you Brandy...This is the first time someone I was close to has passed and I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it!...I still just can't believe he is gone....The girls are a wreck, the boys are being very supportive...supposed to pic up his ashes today! That just doesn't seem right...I've been crying since Nov 7th when he passed...he was in the hospital 1 week to the day...I thought the antibiotics would help him but his body just was tired and couldn't fight the pnuemonia off.

Thank you again!

((((((((((((((((((((((Brandy)))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))

Mitza 11-15-10 05:45 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, ta.
((((((((((((((((((((((((ta)))))))))))))))))))))))) ))
It is unbelievable when someone close to us pass away...
I'll be thinking of you.

totallyamazed 11-16-10 09:08 AM

Thank you Mitza....It's just been tough for me to believe that I will never see him again! or the kids either :(

I am doing somewhat better today...me and kids are going thru his things this afternoon and dividing things up...his clothes I am taking to Good Will...but he had alot of Misc. stuff...Loved Hot Wheel Cars and has like 1000 of them, told kids they will hav to split em up or let one person take the whole collection...It's just sooooo hard!

Thank you for thinking of me, I really do appreciate it!

(((((((((((((((((((Mitza))))))))))))))))))))))))

Mitza 11-16-10 08:44 PM

Dividing things up must be so hard. :frown:
I hope you can all support each other in these hard times.
Try to take care of yourself..
((((((((((((ta))))))))))))

totallyamazed 11-17-10 11:16 AM

Am not doing very well today at all!...I just can't believe he is gone!

The girls came over last night and we had a good time talking about good times we had all shared together!...Then I had very strange dreams all night long!! Someone was chasing me and I couldn't make out the face but i wasn't scared just frustrated...I haven't been sleeping very well for days now anyway!

He is the first thing I think about when I wake up and the last thing I think of when I go to bed at night...he didn't deserve to die so young!

R.I.P. Randy <3

totallyamazed 11-18-10 07:26 AM

It's been one week and one day....still missing you! hope your doing ok, I gotta believe that your in a better place and your not suffering anymore and your never be hungry again!

We love you Randy!

totallyamazed 11-19-10 08:33 AM

Woke today for the first time not crying....Hope thats a good sign...kids were over last night...Sarah is realy hurting, her dad took her everywhere! Listenend to her and her fantastic stories...I think we are all still in a bit of shock but doing as well as can be expected....we are a strong family and we will get passed this, never forget but move on...R.I.P.Randy <3

Mitza 11-19-10 08:47 AM

((((((((((((((((((((((ta)))))))))))))))))))))))
I am glad to hear that you are staying together and supporting each other.
You will get through this. I am sorry that it is so painful right now.
He was lucky to be surrounded by people who loved him so much.
Death does not make sense. And I think it takes a long time to understand that it has happened. I wish we could keep our loved ones around forever. But they will never be completely gone, because we have them in our memories. I hope talking about the good times can help you get through this all.
Thinking of you and sending you hugs.