Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Grieving (https://www.takethislife.com/grieving/)
-   -   She Died...... (https://www.takethislife.com/grieving/she-died-50444/)

NeoXx 10-28-10 03:57 PM

She Died......

Hi,

My best friends mum died yesterday... :(
It was all of sudden, she wasnt sick, she didnt take any drugs, she was a healthy person... They say her heart betrayed her... :(
She is 15 and her mum was only 46...
I dont know exactly how to help her, she feels hopeless, crying all day, and repeating how? how? Why? Why?
Everytime i see her i start to cry... :(
How to raise her hope? What to suggest her doing?

Thank you

BSU 10-28-10 04:06 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. That's a very tragic circumstance. I think you just need to let her know that you're there for her whenever she needs you. The only thing that can heal that is time. It's not going to be easy or pleasant and there is no quick fix but in time it will get better. Promise. You just need to keep your head held high so that he/she can heal the broken heart. You need to be strong for them.

Hope that helps. :)

nanobelle 10-28-10 04:15 PM

I'm so sorry for your friend's loss...losing a mother, I think, must be the hardest grief to bear. I think just being there is enough comfort, you don't have to have answers. She should talk to a professional therapist or maybe a school councilor. There are groups for grief, too- you could look them up online or check out the local paper. Don't forget to take care of yourself, too.

filled with darkness 10-28-10 04:21 PM

I have a friend that lost her mother a few years ago. I think the most important thing is to be there for her and to let her know that she can talk to you about how she feels and about her mother. I know my friend found it difficult talking about her mother to her family and she didn't like the feeling of almost forgetting about her.

Sorry for the loss. It will get better in time. x

Aloneandsad 10-28-10 06:41 PM

I am so sorry for your friends loss:frown: I cannot imagine the heartache and grief over losing a mother so suddenly like that. Your friend is going to need all the love and support she can get during this most difficult time, so just being there for her, listening to her, and just offering your shoulder to lean on will mean the world to your friend:hug:

NeoXx 10-29-10 03:41 PM

In school everyone has a small cabinet where we put our personal stuff, like bag,jacket and books. I thought of idea to put something inside and surprise her when she opens it. I thought of buying flowers and putting a note that i wrote to her yesterday, but i want to put something more that will surprise her, any ideas?