Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Eating Disorders (https://www.takethislife.com/eating-disorders/)
-   -   Just a bit of a rant... (https://www.takethislife.com/eating-disorders/just-bit-rant-50441/)

filled with darkness 10-28-10 02:42 PM

Just a bit of a rant...

I'm about 6 stones overweight, I don't necessarily look that overweight but it is evident I need to lose weight.

I've got other health issues which makes losing weight a lot more difficult and also makes it a lot easier to put weight on. I have no motivation to exercise, I mean obviously I do because I want to be slim but in the moment, I just can't make myself do it. My family don't help, I'm one of those that eat when I'm depressed and there is always something happening with them to make me feel like crap!

Anyhow, I just started a diet which you may have heard of, it's called 'diet chef'.. I've been doing really well on it (although it has only been 2 days) but I'm so hungry! I hope this works because I've tried pretty much everything else and I really don't want to be like this anymore!

I just wanted to offload. Thanks for reading. x

happyandsad 10-28-10 05:58 PM

hi

don't be too sad

there's a lot of things more importsnt than weight :)

filled with darkness 10-30-10 04:38 PM

Although I know that's true, It's difficult to ignore when being slim is shoved in your face from every angle and you know you're being judged for not being 'perfect'.

Aloneandsad 10-30-10 04:50 PM

Society has basically shoved it in our faces that a person has to be thin to be beautiful and accepted. To me, it's what inside a person that counts, not how physically attractive they are.

Please do not try and be perfect, to me, and i speak from experience, it just makes you feel worse about yourself because you are trying so hard to be what others think you should be, and not what you want to be.

Sending :hug::hug: your way!

happyandsad 10-31-10 06:46 AM

important*

how are you doing today?

n0nickrick 10-31-10 07:09 AM

Well I don't know about stones, but I know about being overweight. When I was eighteen I weighed 130 pounds. Due to medications destroyoing my metabolism and cauing massive weight gain I've nearly double that weight. I'd be happy to get back to 190, but nothing has worked including starvation. Yes, I did. I lost water weight and that was it. I dont feel "goodyear blimp" huge but the mirror doesnt lie. There is just one consolation. When my time comes I have a specific list of pallbearers. A final 'screw you' from me.

sunny1985 10-31-10 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by filled with darkness (Post 532629)
Anyhow, I just started a diet which you may have heard of, it's called 'diet chef'.. I've been doing really well on it (although it has only been 2 days) but I'm so hungry! I hope this works because I've tried pretty much everything else and I really don't want to be like this anymore!

Hi
I just wanted to say if you feel hungry on this diet its not right. You shouldnt feel hungry at all. You may miss certain foods but thas just psychological.
Have you tried the weight watchers points diet? I could never eat as many points as they wanted me to but i found it worked. I lost 10lbs in one weeks.
According to doctors im about 11 stone over weight, i dont look it because im tall but quite frankly it no longer matters.
Good luck

NoPointinLying 10-31-10 09:14 AM

Hey hun.

Just wanna say good luck with the new diet. I heard about this one and a personal friend said it worked wonders.

filled with darkness 10-31-10 02:18 PM

Thanks for all your thoughts.

I have tried weight watchers, years ago and it didn't do much for me. I've so far lost 5lbs on this diet so I'm going to stick with it a bit longer. I feel so much better having lost some weight, It hasn't happened in years!

happyandsad 11-09-10 02:51 AM

:)