Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Grieving (https://www.takethislife.com/grieving/)
-   -   Not sure what to think (https://www.takethislife.com/grieving/not-sure-what-think-49449/)

Vimsen 10-15-10 05:47 AM

3t, I was in no way offended by what you wrote. The only way to get an answer, is to ask the question, right? :hug:

I don't go for walks alone as I have anxiety issues and problems leaving the house alone (except for errands) so I'm partly housebound I guess.

Since the doctor told me to get out of this on my own, I guess I'll have to try to bury it again and hope it stays buried. I was hoping to finally get some help to deal with the emotions I've been unable to deal with since she died, but I am tired of reaching out and getting nowhere.

3THIRD 10-15-10 06:18 AM

:hug:

thank you Vimsen for your post. I felt badly.

Gosh, I am saddened by what the doc said to you.

Do you like to read?

3t

Vimsen 10-15-10 06:33 AM

I read cartoons, Beetle Bailey for the most part... I have no concentration for books as it's all black on white.

I don't know why he had this attitude towards me today... he's been my doctor for seven years and was a great support for me when I lost my friend. But today he just pointed out how I only focused on everything negative... hello? A depression can do that to you? Help me out of it, please?

Besides, I know the positive in my life. I have my health (for the most part), I have an apartment that I own, and I have my family (parents and siblings).

3THIRD 10-16-10 07:18 AM

I've had trouble with reading books, but mainly b/c of comprehension issues. A friend told me about books on tape, which I have found very entertaining! Also has helped me with saying words correctly. Helps with the stuttering some too.

I guess it's ok to list book titles and stuff---saw some in the books link.

It's always healthy to focus on positives like you are.

I need to do that. I've had a good two weeks, and feel myself slipping these past two days.

3t

Vimsen 10-16-10 07:30 AM

Yeah, it's a good thing they "invented" audio books.

I'm glad to hear you have had a good two weeks... you ok now though?

3THIRD 10-16-10 07:46 AM

By slipping I mean that I am starting the crying for no reason thing, afraid kinda thing.

I don't feel really well, physically, been in lots of pain too. I took some tylenol yesterday, but didn't do anything. The doc has given me stronger pain meds, but I stay away from 'em. May have to take one tonight.

I am ok. This will pass. The weather is getting cold, and that usually means added physical aches. It's hard for me to warm up.

I'm good. I have lots to be grateful for.

3t

Vimsen 10-16-10 08:03 AM

I love your attitude, 3t. It is important, trough the hard times, to still remember the things we have to be grateful for. I'm here if you ever need to talk, or vent or anything though :hug:

My plans now is to call on Monday (since the doc blew me off) to someone else I hope might help, because part of me is beginning to suspect that, even though I've had some good times in my life since she died, a part of me never left the depression I went into over loosing her.

3THIRD 10-16-10 01:51 PM

I tell ya, visiting the forum really helps me.

I tried to hold the tears, but ended up crying while at the store and on the way home. Oh well. One lady looked at me strange which made it worse. I didn't need a Kleenex until she looked at me. I am glad I had a kleenex handy.

Can't help at shake my head at myself right now as I tell you what happened. Oh well.

I can come on here and share and feel sane.

:confused:

You have a great attitude too!

:smile:

3t

sunlight 10-16-10 01:56 PM

I wouldn't go near a clairvoyant. I don't want to relive the past, and I'd rather not know about the future. Sorry to hear about what she said ... usually they say the happy stuff that people want to hear.

Vimsen 10-16-10 02:20 PM

I'm so sorry, 3t. I can totally relate to how it does not at all help to have people looking strangely at you. :hug: