Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Inspirational Quotes and Stories (https://www.takethislife.com/inspirational-quotes-stories/)
-   -   Post your favorite quote! (https://www.takethislife.com/inspirational-quotes-stories/post-your-favorite-quote-47252/)

Null 09-04-10 06:01 PM

Post your favorite quote!

Post your favorite quote. No arguing though. lets everyone play nice.

Mine is: The mind cannot cope directly with the complexity of the world. Rather we construct a simplified mental model of reality and work from this model.
-Herbert Simon

Life is Cheap - Me

redrows64 09-04-10 06:10 PM

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that others wont feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

-Marriane Williamson

HarleyQ 09-05-10 08:55 PM

Someone wise once told me that the key to loving ourselves is by doing the next right thing. If we continually do the next right thing (which if we ask ourselves, we usually know what the answer is) loving ourselves is a side-effect. So, I love this quote:

"...I took a long, deep breath and wondered as usual, where to start. You start where you are, is the secret of life. You do the next right thing you can see. Then the next." - Anne Lamott

unsleeper 09-05-10 09:49 PM

"What we need is hatred. From it our ideas are born" - Jean Genet

HopeLivesOn 09-05-10 10:17 PM

"If there's a new way, i'll be the first in line, but it better work this time." - Megadeth

rmgedon69 09-17-10 11:23 AM

double post?

"Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but how we react to what happens; not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life".

conmbo2 09-17-10 11:28 AM

"o Fuck Off , Im clive owen thats mental! " -Clive owen on extras

YouTube - Extras Clive Owen

Varg 09-17-10 03:56 PM

See my sig

Black Dog 09-17-10 03:59 PM

Don't put off until tomorrow, what your wife can do today.

Andy Capp

Twin Tigers 09-21-10 10:14 PM

"It's Not who i am underneath, But what i do that defines me" - Batman.