Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Suicide Prevention (https://www.takethislife.com/suicide-prevention/)
-   -   feel like getting up and killing yourself right this instant? CLICK HERE FIRST. (https://www.takethislife.com/suicide-prevention/feel-like-getting-up-killing-yourself-45811/)

blackrosesXbleedinghearts 08-09-10 05:05 PM

feel like getting up and killing yourself right this instant? CLICK HERE FIRST.

dear reader,

you clicked on this, so i must presume that you are struggling very much right now. but please give me a few minutes of your time.

SUICIDAL
many of us have felt it before. you are NOT alone. the feeling varies for everyone, but some solutions can help nearly everyone.

"ALIVE-LINES"
deadlines are a no-no. instead, make it a goal to make it through the week, even the day.

THINK IT THROUGH
i know you've already done this, but do it once more.

LIST IT!
make a list of positive things. don't let the suicidal thoughts get in the way of this. list the people you love and don't want to hurt, list your goals/dreams, list your best qualities, list why you deserve to live, etc.

PREVENTION
think about it. how much access do you have to methods of suicide? try to limit it as much as possible. think of which types of methods you're likely to go for and the necessary supplies, and try sticking a note to them/their location. then, when you reach for it, READ IT. even if you have it memorized. try quotes like "what would ____ do if i did this?" "GO GRAB THAT LIST!" "i deserve to live" or even just "STOP!!!"

CALL A HOTLINE
call a hotline or do something similar. talking can really help you let these feelings go. if you aren't able to talk about it, especially try the next suggestion.

CREATE AN OUTLET
do whatever it is that you do. an artistic outlet such as writing, singing, or painting/drawing/etc can really help you! or escape your world for a while by picking up a good book.

if you've gotten this far, i congratulate you. you were capable of holding onto life for a few more minutes. please be wise about your decision, and consider some of the above. i love all of you here on TTL, and do not wish to see anyone get hurt.

<3
MK

Whisper my life 08-09-10 05:24 PM

Nice post, you feeling positive thenn ? x

blackrosesXbleedinghearts 08-10-10 05:12 PM

also:
feel free to add what works for you, and i'd love some feedback on the ideas i gave! hang in there, everyone!!! :hug:

Blazke 08-11-10 06:59 AM

great thread

Snowy is Alone 08-11-10 04:47 PM

Excellent post...

blackrosesXbleedinghearts 08-12-10 03:55 PM

thank you!

blackrosesXbleedinghearts 08-14-10 11:56 AM

any more feedback or suggestions?

Snowy is Alone 08-14-10 02:49 PM

Make a list of things that won't get done if you're no longer there to do them. I've heard that this helps some people.

Sweetheart93 01-01-11 04:12 PM

Thanks for this. :)
I'm going to follow these suggestions right now.

blackrosesXbleedinghearts 01-01-11 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweetheart93 (Post 561066)
Thanks for this. :)
I'm going to follow these suggestions right now.

i hope some of them help you :hug:
if you find anything else that helps you personally, feel free to post it here as a suggestion for others!