Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Inspirational Music and Movies (https://www.takethislife.com/inspirational-music-movies/)
-   -   post-rock (https://www.takethislife.com/inspirational-music-movies/post-rock-43699/)

Buckethead 07-05-10 01:58 PM

post-rock

Yep, that's what I've been listening to lately and felt like sharing it.

YouTube - Mogwai - Thank You Space Expert (High Quality)

It's usually long tunes, and be warned: I have wasted many hours already just sitting and listening to post-rock. It makes my world a little better at least.

perrymason 07-05-10 07:19 PM

yay a post-rock thread!

have you heard of Saxon Shore?
they are my favorite.

Eraserhead 07-05-10 10:24 PM

Right now the only post-rockish band I know and listen to is Jesu (which I highly recommend) but I'm always up for new stuff.

Absence 07-06-10 06:26 AM

that mogwai track was pretty good. I always kinda overlooked them. I preffer early constellation records bands like gy!be and a silver mt. zion, related projects like esmerine and set fire to flames too.

I spent a huge portion of my time in high school listening to those records.

BrutalTruth20 07-11-10 10:59 PM

I love Mogwai, but I was alway more of an Isis guy myself, when it comes to post-rock/post-metal. Neurosis is always great, too.

Eraserhead 07-13-10 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutalTruth20 (Post 482991)
I love Mogwai, but I was alway more of an Isis guy myself, when it comes to post-rock/post-metal. Neurosis is always great, too.

^Oh yeah, Isis is great too. Panopticon is an album that never gets old for me; "So Did We" is one of my favorite songs.

Neufena 07-13-10 03:54 AM

Post rock is amazing, there's a whole festival of it this weekend near me but I can't go cos it's my mates birthday :(

I'm liking heavier stuff at the moment than Mogwai, mainly 65daysofstatic and maybeshewill but Mogwai will always be the source for me. Christmas Steps is one of the greatest tracks ever and when I found out it was named after a street in Bristol I *had* to go there.

Even got to see them a few times, AMAZING live.

BrutalTruth20 07-14-10 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eraserhead (Post 480872)
Right now the only post-rockish band I know and listen to is Jesu (which I highly recommend) but I'm always up for new stuff.

Haven't heard much of Jesu, but isn't that Justin Broadrick's (ex-Godflesh/Napalm Death) new(er) band? I still haven't gotten around to checking them out, but I love Godflesh, so I might just give em a listen.

Eraserhead 07-14-10 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutalTruth20 (Post 483790)
Haven't heard much of Jesu, but isn't that Justin Broadrick's (ex-Godflesh/Napalm Death) new(er) band? I still haven't gotten around to checking them out, but I love Godflesh, so I might just give em a listen.

Aye, it rose from the ashes of Godflesh. I love Godflesh too, so after getting all of Godflesh's stuff not long ago I've started looking into Jesu. It's pretty good. Generally not as good as Godflesh, but pretty good. It's sort of like a different side of GF; it's still heavy, but not nearly as aggressive and kind of floaty. Look into it, it's not exactly Godflesh but it's a nice evolution of Broadrick's sound.

DepressionFromAllAngles 07-22-10 02:28 PM

I had tickets to see Mogwai live about a year or two ago but the concert was cancled the day before it was to happen because the drummer's pacemaker went on the fritz. Man was I bummed!