Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Alternative Treatment (https://www.takethislife.com/alternative-treatment/)
-   -   How Do You Deal with Anger? (https://www.takethislife.com/alternative-treatment/how-do-you-deal-anger-40526/)

Lukeduke954 02-07-11 01:11 PM

I often find a problem with this and its often increased with alcohol as you can imagine. It has ruined many relationships in my life and something i still to this day do not have under control. Fustrating and very scary when you truly cannot control a feeling and it takes you over....

heartchic 02-07-11 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkCougar (Post 450776)
How do you deal with anger? More and more I find myself overwhelmed with anger. Mind you, not aggression, but a constant burning feeling of anger.

It has resulted in me breaking some of my favorite things merely because I had them near me at the time. It usually ends when I realize I've broken something that can't be replaced, and the anger turns to sadness.

Not to mention it that it gives me a massive art block (though, I wouldn't be surprised of the anger and the art block were resonating upon each other).

I hardly recognize myself like this.. :C

Do you guys know/use any helpful exercises to reduce this pointless feeling of anger and need for destruction?

i dont handle it well usually i verbally abuse family member, slam doors, throw things(not at people at walk or on floor)

sweet release 02-07-11 01:53 PM

the only thing i sometimes do is try and listen to my relaxing music.

but a lot of the time i can't cope- and the music just makes me want to cry

forpetessake 02-16-11 12:10 PM

play drums

Spaggy 02-16-11 02:25 PM

Maybe try a let out of your angry/negitive emotions like writing, screaming at a wall, or take up boxing or something. It might help release it...
For me personally I just have to be either talked out of it by a loved one or let me ride through it somehow in the saftey away from doing much damage to anyone. Although writing does help me. Counting doesn't. Sometimes having a joint is nice.

Keeping it bottled up is probably one of the worst things you could do.

sweet release 02-16-11 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaggy (Post 583988)
Maybe try a let out of your angry/negitive emotions like writing, screaming at a wall, or take up boxing or something. It might help release it...
For me personally I just have to be either talked out of it by a loved one or let me ride through it somehow in the saftey away from doing much damage to anyone. Although writing does help me. Counting doesn't. Sometimes having a joint is nice.

Keeping it bottled up is probably one of the worst things you could do.

i actually did think of boxing.

someone was telling me about hitting a punchbat- and i thought it was a great idea

next monday i get to try it out

Spaggy 02-17-11 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweet release (Post 584043)
i actually did think of boxing.

someone was telling me about hitting a punchbat- and i thought it was a great idea

next monday i get to try it out

Nice one, I think it's deffo worth a try at least. I've heard lots of people get their anger out at boxing, running, or the gym.
I hope it works and helps for you. Let us know how you find it!

heartchic 02-20-11 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkCougar (Post 450776)
How do you deal with anger? More and more I find myself overwhelmed with anger. Mind you, not aggression, but a constant burning feeling of anger.

It has resulted in me breaking some of my favorite things merely because I had them near me at the time. It usually ends when I realize I've broken something that can't be replaced, and the anger turns to sadness.

Not to mention it that it gives me a massive art block (though, I wouldn't be surprised of the anger and the art block were resonating upon each other).

I hardly recognize myself like this.. :C

Do you guys know/use any helpful exercises to reduce this pointless feeling of anger and need for destruction?

i totally am feeling this way too and i have thrown thins and pushed stuff over

junea9 10-22-11 01:47 AM

Take a long breathe when you get angry. Yoga really
helps to control mind when you are getting angry.

rainyday 10-22-11 08:26 AM

I run! On the treadmilll or go for a jog around the block! Gymming really helps me with mood regulation. Gymming with either angry music or upbeat stuff.

Ive broken my phone, photo frames etc...So i found an alternativeeee wayy!

Hope you find an alternativeeee wayyy!