Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Alternative Treatment (https://www.takethislife.com/alternative-treatment/)
-   -   How Do You Deal with Anger? (https://www.takethislife.com/alternative-treatment/how-do-you-deal-anger-40526/)

DarkCougar 05-09-10 02:23 PM

How Do You Deal with Anger?

How do you deal with anger? More and more I find myself overwhelmed with anger. Mind you, not aggression, but a constant burning feeling of anger.

It has resulted in me breaking some of my favorite things merely because I had them near me at the time. It usually ends when I realize I've broken something that can't be replaced, and the anger turns to sadness.

Not to mention it that it gives me a massive art block (though, I wouldn't be surprised of the anger and the art block were resonating upon each other).

I hardly recognize myself like this.. :C

Do you guys know/use any helpful exercises to reduce this pointless feeling of anger and need for destruction?

bloodred 05-09-10 02:36 PM

I've broken things also, maybe get a punchbag? I love using the punchbag to take all my anger out.. :biggrin:

JackFlash 05-09-10 03:27 PM

i usually throw something at a wall then listen to music and have a smoke.

Blue Girl 05-09-10 03:38 PM

usually the regret of being angry in the past helps me lose some anger.

MoniX 05-09-10 08:05 PM

I probably have Psychosis or Schizophrenia, but I usually just vent to myself - usually whisper about what's made me angry, or I'll bite my pillow really hard.. Or something to that effect, if I don't control my anger it'll lead to me bleeding to death.

powpowpow 05-09-10 08:51 PM

i let it fester until i eventually take it out on somebody else or myself

Giggity 05-10-10 12:01 AM

I meditate on my anger and try to turn it around into something more positive. I've found giving people the benefit of the doubt helps a lot. Example: if I'm driving and someone cuts me off, instead of getting angry, I'll think about the situation. Perhaps, the person was having a bad day or they had a death in the family and wasn't thinking properly, maybe, they didn't see me and they feel awful about cutting me off. This can be used in a lot of situations and I find it really helpful.

quarantine 05-10-10 02:18 AM

I just think that hopefully karma will get the person/persons in the end.And if it is just anger I agree with the above post and try and mediate it out somehow. And yeah, being angry is a huge artistic block of creativity, so it is best to dump the anger quickly, exersize, just the simple art of distraction by doing something else;

DarkCougar 05-10-10 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodred (Post 450791)
I've broken things also, maybe get a punchbag? I love using the punchbag to take all my anger out.. :biggrin:

Normally I'd try something mental to reduce the anger. But the old fashion way is just a good a way as any, I suppose. x3

DarkCougar 05-10-10 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powpowpow (Post 450925)
i let it fester until i eventually take it out on somebody else or myself

Thanks for your input, but that is sort of what I'm trying to prevent. ;P