Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Book Club (https://www.takethislife.com/book-club/)
-   -   Dan Brown, anyone? (https://www.takethislife.com/book-club/dan-brown-anyone-38657/)

Katie Kat 04-07-10 11:17 PM

Dan Brown, anyone?

So, has anyone read any of Dan Browns books(Angels & Demons, The Da Vinci Code, The Lost symbol, Deception Point or Digital Fortress) I haven't read the last two. I'm reading the third right now and I've already read the first two. I liked Angels & Demons more than The Da Vinci Code but I've heard that the movie for Angels & Demons isn't that good. What's your opinion on his books or the movies?

Lonely Wallflower 04-08-10 03:26 PM

I have read all but the last one.
I do have it already, but I've been too busy reading Kathy Reichs books to read "The Lost Symbol" yet.

So far, I love the books more than the movies they made about it. The movies were too slow. The books have a rapid movement in them which I missed greatly in the movies.

Juno 04-09-10 09:33 PM

Digital Fortress - OK, but not very polished
Deception Point - excellent
Angels and Demons - didn't like it
Da Vinci Code - hated it
The Lost Symbol - excellent

bigpmc 04-09-10 09:57 PM

Read all his books except for the most recent one. The problem i have with them is that they all have the obvious twist towards the end, where the main source of help turns out to be the baddie. Ok it worked at first but theres no need to do that in every book. As for the films, they were ok, but i thought that in Da Vinci code the woman was played as pretty stupid, but in the book she is really clever and its not always langdon that solves all the puzzles

Varg 08-31-10 10:48 PM

I liked Angels and demons more than the davinci code

Juno 09-03-10 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpmc (Post 434991)
Read all his books except for the most recent one. The problem i have with them is that they all have the obvious twist towards the end, where the main source of help turns out to be the baddie. Ok it worked at first but theres no need to do that in every book. As for the films, they were ok, but i thought that in Da Vinci code the woman was played as pretty stupid, but in the book she is really clever and its not always langdon that solves all the puzzles

He pulls off three great twists in Deception Point, Angels and Demons and The Lost Symbol.

vassily 01-10-11 08:23 AM

I got the full collection (Hardback & Ebook)

and In my opinion

Digital Fortress - 50%
Deception Point - 65%
Angels and Demons - 40%
Da Vinci Code - 100%
The Lost Symbol - 100%

Didn't watch the movies though.

sunlight 01-13-11 12:51 PM

What I don't like about the books is that the lead characters are always trying to figure out the meaning of obscure clues while running from bad guys and dodging bullets ...

I mean c'mon - first things first - get safely away before discussing renaissance art.

NoPointinLying 01-13-11 03:19 PM

I've only read two and I think they're the most known.

Angels and Demons, which was amazing, and Da Vinci Code which was even more amazing.

I'm going book shopping next week so going to keep my eye out for him.

mmch85 01-13-11 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunlight (Post 566906)
What I don't like about the books is that the lead characters are always trying to figure out the meaning of obscure clues while running from bad guys and dodging bullets ...

I mean c'mon - first things first - get safely away before discussing renaissance art.

HAHAHA:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Its funny coz its true!