Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Love and Relationships (https://www.takethislife.com/love-relationships/)
-   -   What do you think love is? (https://www.takethislife.com/love-relationships/what-do-you-think-love-38319/)

engima 04-01-10 02:35 AM

What do you think love is?

--

TrollMongo 04-02-10 11:36 PM

Right now I feel like it's what I don't have....

Tangent 04-03-10 12:00 AM

A mystery to us all I think.

engima 04-04-10 03:06 AM

I kind of posted this in the wrong section, :rolleyes:.
But writing about the self helps, so I guess I'll give this a shot. :cool:

I guess I should explain the title first. Previous posts from trollmongo and tangent both summarize how I basically feel about it, well that's done then I guess.

I've also heavily avoided love for really as long as I can remember and have created a large empty repressing shell around anything relating to it. This is mostly due to betrayal reasons in the past, something I might open up about later.

Recently I have been peeling the shell away, to see that I basically have a very sad soul as the core of my being. It's crazy to think how much the mind can repress and how little I've ended up knowing myself. I am thinking this sad part of me is love related.

Damn though, facing my inner self is a hard thing to do, it's insane how intense deeper emotions can be.

powpowpow 04-04-10 03:22 AM

masochists dont get love

engima 04-11-10 11:36 PM

Still trying to get the concept of love. It's weird how some people base all their happiness on it. I do know that I am heavily affected by it and that I've been repressing the want(need?) and expression of it for essentially all my life. I'm thinking I've become way too methodical and logical in order to survive my pain-filled relationship with it, and repressing it makes me feel so empty.

It seems like emptiness and sadness are my only options then, but of course logically I can deduce that there is a positive side, just from the fact that there exists a negative.

I know I have to continue to open up and expose this part of me, but there is a great fear that I won't survive the process. I think I would like that more than continuing to live aimlessly and empty though.

ButInTh33nd 04-11-10 11:49 PM

"True love is your soul's recognition of its counterpoint in another" - John Beckwith (Wedding Crashers)

Abomination 04-12-10 01:15 PM

What is love? Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me. No more.

Seriously though, it's a chemical reaction in brains. Why there is love? From evolutionary standpoint, it's to help us reproduce and raise our kids with a certain mate. I'm not enough of a romantic to explain it otherwise.

surferJ9 04-12-10 01:23 PM

Love is a mystery, its incorporeal..yet somehow through the bonding of two beings it is realised to us as individuals, whether through your parents or peers at work/school.

Its a chemical reaction in the brain to a lover or friend who you want to be with and share your deepest thoughts..

LOVE IS A DRUG. and i wanna get high!

sappy 04-13-10 04:07 PM

now-a-days love is just a four letter word