Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Inspirational Music and Movies (https://www.takethislife.com/inspirational-music-movies/)
-   -   Raw and aggressive music (https://www.takethislife.com/inspirational-music-movies/raw-aggressive-music-29861/)

Thewildthing 10-11-09 07:45 PM

Raw and aggressive music

It may seem strange but you have no idea how Heavy metal can release a lot of aggression and depression and make you feel empowered. The feeling that you can over come anything. I've been listening to metal for 8 years and a good portion of the sub genres within it.

Heres an article I've come across:Dance With the Devil - Happy Days Blog - NYTimes.com
it describes how heavy metal can make us not use false kindness to please others and not be nice to other because we don't want to break social norms.

Depression is one son of a bitch and i'll be damned if its gonna do me in with out me coming back swinging. :biggrin:

Starrk 10-15-09 05:54 PM

Good share :)

I can totally see how metal makes you feel a lot better. When I feel very low, I listen to Cradle of Filth a lot, even though their music generally has nothing to do with how I feel or anything, I find the power of the music helps a lot.

drag screaming action 10-15-09 06:37 PM

oh yeah!!! metal is amazing! i love all genres of metal. rather it be death, thrash, nu, metalcore, whatever its great! my favorite bands are slipknot, disturbed, killswitch engage, metallica, megadeth, cannibal corpse, mudvayne, red, and many more! when i listen to slipknot, i go crazy! i would say it is my favorite band of all! just very angry music!

shadowAKA086 10-16-09 12:06 AM

I love metal, too. I started listening to Cannibal Corpse just recently. Their music's great for getting out a lot of pent-up anger and aggression.

D1zzy 10-16-09 03:49 PM

my favorite metalband must be In Flames, tho I use to mix it up with Soilwork, Element Eighty and Avenged Sevenfold. Trivium, dream theater and Sonic Syndicate are good bands too.

ferrets 10-16-09 05:51 PM

Love Metal, Iam one for the old metal, some new metal is good but give me Alice Cooper, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and so on I be one happy metal lover lol
Hammerfall is the greatest also, they rock.

Thewildthing 10-27-09 08:55 AM

im more of a death metal and black metal person...bands like Entombed, morbid angel, ildjarn, burzum, bathory, beherit, horna, sort vokter, wolves in the throne room... to name a few.:smile:

xSunnyx 10-27-09 09:10 AM

That's completely true. Heavy metal is one of the best forms of release, and I find it far more calming than any relaxing music I've listened to in the past.

It always makes me feel better.

icantsleepanymore 10-27-09 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xSunnyx (Post 351884)
That's completely true. Heavy metal is one of the best forms of release, and I find it far more calming than any relaxing music I've listened to in the past.

It always makes me feel better.

Thats so true xSunnyx, i love listening to music like that before making love during and after, it sets the mood sometimes

Free hug for you xSunnyx :hug:

xSunnyx 10-27-09 11:22 AM

I agree with the making love thing. Me and my ex-girlfriend used to make love while listening to H.I.M and Linkin Park, and it was just wonderful. (I am a girl, by the way).

Cuddles for you too, sweetie. <3 :hug: