Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Suicide (https://www.takethislife.com/suicide/)
-   -   Everyday feels hopeless. (https://www.takethislife.com/suicide/everyday-feels-hopeless-287001/)

The Lost Stoic 06-05-18 10:11 AM

Everyday feels hopeless.

From trying to get a job after graduating high school. Trying to get a license yet failing the test. Yesterday the dmv was so bad I just walked out.

Everytime I fail, these thoughts emerge automatically like as if taking my life into my own hands is pre determined to happen. It truly sucks being a burden and a waste.

As much as I get through it, being born was the biggest mistake of my life and so far I achieved nothing significant. It seems that already I am behind in life.

The hell should I do?

midnightphoenix 06-05-18 01:34 PM

Just leaving you some hugs to let you know someone's heard you, The Lost Stoic :hug:

webster1401 06-05-18 03:37 PM

Ok just here to share

I have had bad times (no details) however bad it gets there is always someone who cares, might be me. So even though I am no therapist and it is possible I will agree with you lets at least talk

The Lost Stoic 06-05-18 11:19 PM

Took a walk. Applied to one job online. Plan on heading back to dmv later this week. So many people have fucked up lives and I cannot give up now. Most people are in worse scenarios at my age. Fuck giving up.

SensualGirl 06-06-18 10:20 AM

Stoicism is about apatheia/inner peace, brought on by virtue/being a good person. Do you think that's viable?

I think a lot of problems in this civilization, especially in the US, stem from people being caught up in winning and losing, caught up in self-improvement, some stupid "being the best me I can be."

Not having a job or license doesn't make you inferior. According to my consultant, "all jobs suck." It's a rat race, and it totally blows. At you're not a wage slave, stressed out for a pittance, just making the rich richer.

When you're on your death bed, will you look back and say, "I wish I had worked more?"

tigerlover 06-06-18 11:37 AM

Stoicism is a way to live in an apathetic world where reality,inner peace conflicts with our inner being,call it the stoic principle which we can link to ourself to be able to enjoy a certain way of life==call it a label to find freedom from worries or mental trouble,but inner peace is just a mere word achieved by very few in life..i am not into stoicism because i feel happy enough who i am right now...a job and money is something society puts upon us for survival purpose,maybe a poor man would consider...i wished i lived my life in a better way...or he could say i didn't have a nail to scratch my ass while others show off their wealth and vanity just to show power..what's power?what's inner peace?who's the most happy==the poor guy or the wealthy man?i think money is a drug...it keeps the world going around in an evil way of greed,envy,jealousy and perhaps the notion that nobody can survive without money in this world?i think life is only hopeless if we see it hopeless...i believe there is always a light at the end of the tunnel anyway..

The Lost Stoic 06-06-18 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensualGirl (Post 2894137)
Stoicism is about apatheia/inner peace, brought on by virtue/being a good person. Do you think that's viable?

It is what keeps me alive in hardship so yes. The solution to my mental game.

I think a lot of problems in this civilization, especially in the US, stem from people being caught up in winning and losing, caught up in self-improvement, some stupid "being the best me I can be."

To an extent that is accurate.

Not having a job or license doesn't make you inferior. According to my consultant, "all jobs suck." It's a rat race, and it totally blows. At you're not a wage slave, stressed out for a pittance, just making the rich richer.

I would take being a wage slave anyday. Not working only makes you get shit from people.

When you're on your death bed, will you look back and say, "I wish I had worked more?"

On my death bed, my goal is to not have any regrets and no debt. In fact, I may die happy because I am proud that I will never procreate or be a parent. This world sucks.

SensualGirl 06-06-18 02:48 PM

Yes, the world is a miserable place. You're not alone in that assessment. Do you think your happiness is incumbent upon how good the world is?

The Lost Stoic 06-06-18 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensualGirl (Post 2894177)
Yes, the world is a miserable place. You're not alone in that assessment. Do you think your happiness is incumbent upon how good the world is?

No. Not at all. I just worry about disappointing my family. That is why gets me.

The Lost Stoic 06-06-18 08:51 PM

Would like to add, I was once a hedonist. Very awful, and dark mindset. Really fucked me up and made me a quitter. Would always be a weak victim in hardship and make excuses.

Struggle gives us a purpose; a meaning. Not preaching about progress. Rather, every single element of success has a barrier to which even the very best had to face. I wasted so much time fapping to where I got angry. It lead me to no where and my reward system got all messed up.

Luckily, I am changing my mindset on life. Not only has it helped, it made me live for the better.