16 phrases to keep you going
I found these on my gym's blog, and thought they were pretty cool.
I like #4 & #12.
1. If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else.
It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits.
There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go
beyond them. - Bruce Lee
2. The only disability in life is a bad attitude. - Scott Hamilton
3. Many of lifeís failures are people who did not realize how close they
were to success when they gave up. - Thomas Edison
4. You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want
to be. - David Viscott
5. My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or
feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was
keep swinging. - Hank Aaron
6. Whether you think you can or whether you think you canít, youíre right! - Henry Ford
7. Itís not whether you get knocked down; itís whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi
8. We do not stop exercising because we grow old - we grow old because
we stop exercising. - Dr. Kenneth Cooper
9. Eighty percent of success is showing up. - Woody Allen
10. Running is a big question mark thatís there each and every day. It asks you, ďAre you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?Ē - Peter Maher
11. You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it. - Charles Buxton
12. The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but instead will interest
his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause
and prevention of disease. - Thomas Edison
13. In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties. - Henri-Frederic Amiel
14. Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever. - Lance Armstrong
15. Run hard, be strong, think big! - Percy Cerutty
16. Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I donít think about them, I just
do them. The decision has already been made. - Patti Sue Plumer, U.S. Olympian
I like #6!
I like 2 and 4
Let's all add our fave phrases:
Mine is something that gets me up and out all the time.
'Luck is found at the crossroads of preparation and opportunity'
I like that one. Got just the right dash of practicality and poetry.
This ones a bit funkier, but it's so true, and worth thinking of when you're prejudging:
“There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation”
-Herbert Spencer (1820-1903)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.