Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Anxiety (https://www.takethislife.com/anxiety/)
-   -   I Don't Feel Safe Around People (https://www.takethislife.com/anxiety/i-dont-feel-safe-around-people-275001/)

SensualGirl 08-02-17 06:06 PM

I Don't Feel Safe Around People

My fight or flight response is on very frequently. I get worried. I feel threatened. I hide out.

Can anyone relate?

WinnerButLoner 08-05-17 03:45 PM

I feel somewhat similar. My thing is i feel people arent safe around me if they say the wrong things haha

OldLady 08-05-17 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensualGirl (Post 2687873)
My fight or flight response is on very frequently. I get worried. I feel threatened. I hide out.

Can anyone relate?

Did you know that it is so common that they have a name for it? It is called social anxiety disorder or social phobia. Estimates are that one in ten of us have it at one point or another in our lives.

There are medications for severe cases, and coping mechanisms you can learn.

SensualGirl 09-02-17 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldLady (Post 2689745)
Did you know that it is so common that they have a name for it? It is called social anxiety disorder or social phobia. Estimates are that one in ten of us have it at one point or another in our lives.

There are medications for severe cases, and coping mechanisms you can learn.

Yeah I realized today I have social anxiety. I isolate myself from people out of fear of what they're capable of. I feel like human interaction has nothing whatsoever to do with fairness, equality, justice, or morality. I know humans are capable of unfathomable amount of wickedness and malevolence. I don't feel safe dealing with them and I feel like I can't do it.

Can anyone relate?

Andino 09-02-17 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensualGirl (Post 2706858)
Yeah I realized today I have social anxiety. I isolate myself from people out of fear of what they're capable of. I feel like human interaction has nothing whatsoever to do with fairness, equality, justice, or morality. I know humans are capable of unfathomable amount of wickedness and malevolence. I don't feel safe dealing with them and I feel like I can't do it.

Can anyone relate?

I can relate, but perhaps from the other side. I would say that human interacation has everything to do with fairness, equality, justice, morality and more. Also that humans are capabale of an unfathomable amount of wickedness and malevolence. The reason I say the opposite to the first part, is that each of us has in us the choice in what we do in each decision, should it be something good or bad.

This is what our parents (carers etc) and society teach us. The way our minds work can dictate the decision, the moment in time also, and the our own reactions to interacting with people (known or strangers) in the street.

You are not alone in your fears. To survive we have to have the good faith in others to be higher than the fear of others, or we would all be socially awkward and die out as a species. What makes us remarkable together as a species makes us also unique in our grouping and isolations.

I don't know if I'm making sense or just rambling, you let me know... All I know is I cannot cope with people sometimes, other times I just go past everyone and ignore anything but the one goal I have to do outside, and other times I must stay in and not interact with anybody.

It's not all bad out there, we have a choice in how we go about it all.

:hug: SG

SensualGirl 09-03-17 01:40 PM

I didn't really understand what point you were trying to make? :redface:

Andino 09-04-17 09:50 AM

I'm sorry. I ramble and I sometimes (often?) don't make sense. I think I agreed with some parts and others not (with reason, not arguing at all).

At the moment I am not capable of explaining myself. I don't actually remember making the post and I am not feeling well. Please accept my apologies SG :frown:

SensualGirl 09-04-17 12:02 PM

It's all good.:hug:

Exarmyvet80 09-14-17 04:59 PM

Just remember you can feel safe around us :0)

SensualGirl 09-15-17 03:14 PM

Thanks!:hug: