Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Grieving (https://www.takethislife.com/grieving/)
-   -   Death in the family... (https://www.takethislife.com/grieving/death-family-25908/)

lonelybutterfly 07-08-09 05:41 PM

Death in the family...

My grandfather passed away 3 days ago. He was in poor health for a while, and his death was a long time coming, but it is still extremely difficult. He was the only grandfather I ever knew, and he was always there for me. I feel like a piece of my heart has been ripped out of my chest. I have leaned on a lot of friends for support and I have returned to work (because I was seeking normalcy in my life), but I still break down in fits of tears all the time....it's so difficult :frown:

totallyamazed 07-08-09 06:18 PM

So sorry about your grandfather...Time will help with the pain...

We're here if you want to talk<3

(((((((((((Comforting Hugs))))))))))))

boulevard-traveler 07-08-09 06:26 PM

I'm sorry about your grandfather...(((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

strawberry bitch 07-11-09 10:22 AM

really sorry ur going through such difficult moment in your life!!

i keep u in my thoughts!!

(((((((((((((((((huuuuuuuuugggggggssssss))))))))

brandysnap 07-11-09 11:26 AM

Hi LONELY butterfly

I AM SORRY ABOUT YOUR GRANADADS PASSING - i KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE WHEN SOMEONE CLOSE TO YOU PASSES ON.

you feel so lost and want to see that person again - and keep going over times from your past. YOU THINK IT ONLY HAPPENS TO OTHER PEOPLE-BUT NOW ITS HAPPENED TO YOU AND IT MAKES YOU FEEL SICK I KNOW.

as time passes and it does take time - you will remember the good times much more especially if you have friends to support you-and as you say you returned to work so well done. YOU WILL BREAK DOWN FROM TIME TO TIME THIS IS A PERFECTLY NORMAL THING TO HAPPEN.

AS I SAID IT DOES TAKE TIME TO HEAL - YOU MIGHT FEEL GUILTY FOR LAUGHING BUT BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY IT WILL GET BETTER. brandysnapxxxx

Delta40 07-11-09 12:35 PM

I'm sorry about your grandfather butterfly.

cry like you have never cried before. Take all the time you need.

((((hugs))))

Piplup 07-19-09 08:44 PM

I'm sry to hear your grandfather died. My pop pop died when I was young but I still miss him. Remember its ok to cry.

hydiidepressio 07-23-09 02:59 AM

So Sad to hear about your grandfather.
wish i could be of more comforted.

hydiidepressio 07-23-09 03:28 AM

My Brother

On the 22nd it was the 9th anniversary of my Brothers death.

My Brother died off a brain hemorrhage, he was 30. He went to bed one night and my Father found him dead the following morning.

Its quite awful the things i think about, like did he know he was dying, how awful it would be to die alone. Why do I think of these morbid things instead of thinking of the good times i had with my brother.

Perhaps its because of having similar thoughts when my mother died when I was just twelve. I use to blame myself as i recalled as plain as day saying to her, as kids do at times;"I hope you die mum", and would have said it for some petty little thing such as not been able to go somewhere or have something.

They say things come in THREES , now that ive lost my son too is life going to begin to deal me a better hand, or is this just wishful thinking.

Only time will tell,one thing i have learnt is that time does help a little with grief though nothing anyone says can make you forget or even want to forget. Saying that however I appreciate all that honestly care.

To my Brother, where ever you may be, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU.

From your little/big sister XXX

happyday 08-11-09 10:13 PM

So sorry to hear of your loss but he will always be in your mind and heart. Thinking about the good times helps sometimes.