Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Grieving (https://www.takethislife.com/grieving/)
-   -   My grandma passed away yesterday night (https://www.takethislife.com/grieving/my-grandma-passed-away-yesterday-night-23982/)

Mitza 05-13-09 06:05 AM

My grandma passed away yesterday night

My mom just called me and said my grandma passed away yesterday night. She was injured and had a surgery, and didn't make it through. At least my grandpa was there with her.. I didn't even know she was hurt.. Idk why I'm not crying? I don't feel much. I'm just empty.. Kind of sad, but I don't really feel anything.. I feel like I'm heartless or something.. :frown: I cared about her.. She had dementia, so last time I was there she had a hard time recognizing me.. She said I looked pretty, commented on my hair.. Like her old self a bit.. Asked me if I had found anyone special.. I think I told her yes. And she said that I had to find someone who were kind. That it was the most important thing... I wish I remember exactly what she said.. Though I don't have a good memory.. :frown: ... I gave her a hug and held her hand... Sad that she didn't know who I was.. Don't think she realized that I was her granddaughter, even though I told her several times....

mamabear 05-13-09 06:17 AM

Hey Mitza, Please accept my sincere sympathy on the passing of your grandmother.........we all grieve in our own way.......the time for tears will come......love and prayers to you and your family ((((hugs))))) mamabear

totallyamazed 05-13-09 06:20 AM

Dear Mitza...I'm terribly sorry for your loss, I'm sure your grandma knew that you loved her very much...grandmas have a way of kowing that the younger ones have busy lives and can't always be around.
My sincerest condolenses to you and your family<3

((((((((((((((((((((((Mitza)))))))))))))))))))))))

Mitza 05-13-09 06:20 AM

Thanks, mamabear and ta. *hugs back*
Crying a little.. Wishing I had spent more time with her, visited her more often.. :frown:

hottea654 05-13-09 06:27 AM

(((Hugs for Mitza)))

Mitza 05-13-09 08:59 AM

*hugs back hottea* Ty..

Tired.. Keep thinking of my grandpa. How strange and unbelievable it must be to loose someone you've spent 60 years together with..

Delta40 05-13-09 09:03 AM

I'm sorry for your loss Mitza. I'm amazed how dry eyed I can be about my father and then suddenly I'm wracked with grief. just be and let it take its natural course.

(((hugs))))

boulevard-traveler 05-13-09 11:07 AM

I'm so sorry about your grandmother, Mitza...everyone grieves differently. ((((((HUGS)))))))

Zoe 05-13-09 11:49 AM

((((((((Mitza and Family)))))))))

forpetessake 05-13-09 12:38 PM

Mitza, you have my deepest sympathies. I didnt cry much when my grandmother passed. But there are days still when I miss her. I still grieved though, and we do all grieve in our own way.

(((((Take Care and Big Hugs)))))