Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Anxiety (https://www.takethislife.com/anxiety/)
-   -   Spending the Night (https://www.takethislife.com/anxiety/spending-night-216514/)

napy666 08-12-15 07:44 PM

Spending the Night

I remember growing up that spending the night at friend's houses or family's houses was difficult for me. I enjoyed it, but then was scared of it, I never knew why but I guess I thought I was never going to go home, whenever I would spend the night at someone's place.

As I got older, teenage years, I spent the night at different friend's places or had them spend the night at my house. Now that I am an adult and outa high school etc. I have spend the night at a hotel 1 night with an ex when him and I were dating a few years ago.

Then recent spent the night again with my current Boyfriend also just 1 night. I felt very anxious about it, but did it. Where I am going with this is that this September I am attending this convention, and plan to spend the night at a hotel for the weekend, Friday through Sunday so 2 nights?

I have never been away from home, for that long, or that far either, it is about 45 minutes away. This last time I spent the night at the hotel was about 15 minutes away. Again I am a bit anxious about spending the night at this hotel for that amount of time.

Have any of you experienced this type of feeling about spending the night at different places?

lucid lunacy 08-14-15 02:03 AM

I've always had a hard time dealing with being in someone else's things. I tend to develop a bit of a routine and get used to everything in my room and hate when it changes. If anything looks, sounds or smells different, I hate it.

I've only been in a hotel once when my mother went to pick me back from University dorm where I got suicidal and had to quit 5.8 years ago. I slept on the ground. I can't stand being close to someone in bed -except for one person but that's another story. Disliked it but there was nothing that could be done about it; they came to get me 3 hours away from home. I didn't want to inform them but the psychiatrist said it was important to do so and I simply kept quiet.

I need to prepare mentally first if I know I will have to stay for the night somewhere else.

Shacke 08-14-15 05:00 AM

I don't find it that stressful, but I do find it rather strange. But I usually go to bed when I'm so tired tha I can't think about anything. But in the morning, I always gt suprised when I see it's not my room and not my bed. Quite often I fall from the bed because I can't open my eyes on time. If that's friend's house or so, it's ok. But I just hate hotel rooms. Don't know why

napy666 08-19-15 11:15 PM

Yes, I am still unsure on what is going to happen with this situation.