Today, I found out a good friend passed away suddenly from cancer. He was 58, far too young. I'm still a bit stunned.
In trying to deal with this, the following occur to me:
1. Obviously, life isn't fair. This was a good man with many great years ahead with a well earned retirement and likely a grand child or two.
2. There is nothing I can do other than pay my respects and comfort the family.
3. My life has been enriched by my friendship with him, something I am grateful regarding.
4. The process of moving forward and trying to fill the void left by his passing seems daunting.
5. Lastly, I am trying to focus on the qualities that made him such a good and beloved person. Perhaps I will learn to emulate them more, taking the best of my friend and follow the lead he demonstrated.
Thanks for letting me vent and get some things off my mind
I'm so sorry about your loss. -hug-
I know from experience about unexpected losses. I am still grieving one actually, I lost a good friend of mine Courtney to suicide.
Anyways, you seem to be on the right track. I know it's so daunting to try and move on without them. If I'm not mistaken, you're left in shock and denial wondering what the hell do I do next? I can just say time will help things and trying to live for him, trying to emulate him. That can help the grief. Creative things to like art and painting are definitely useful. You can't hold the feelings inside whatever you do. It's going to destroy you and drive you mad. Maybe there's a close friend that also knew him? If so you could both work through this together.
My condolences and the best of luck. If there's anything I can do let me know.
im sorry about your loss...i think its much more difficult to deal with someone passing when its unexpected.... its sadness and shock
My condolences sliderbk.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.