Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Physical Health (https://www.takethislife.com/physical-health/)
-   -   Heart attack scare this morning - i'm ok (https://www.takethislife.com/physical-health/heart-attack-scare-morning-im-ok-196826/)

RavenDarkLight 03-15-15 07:59 PM

Heart attack scare this morning - i'm ok

I've been really sick with a wicked chest cold this week. This morning at 3:30 am I awoke from sleep with intense pain in my chest. When I got up my arms were tingling and cold. I got really scared then. I started thinking about the warning signs of heart attack - I had chest pain, tingling in arms, dizziness, nausea, and difficulty breathing.

I sat downstairs for a while and the pain got worse. Then I dialled 911. After asking a few questions they sent an ambulance. I told my husband and he got up and waited with me until the ambulance came, 20 minutes later. I was in emergency from 5:00 until 11:00 am today.

Good news - my heart is fine. The doctor figured the chest pain came from the muscles being strained by the bad hacking cough I've had and that the arm tingles and laboured breathing were from anxiety I felt when I thought it might be a heart attack.

Very sobering day. I've been taking it easy. Still hacking and coughing. Got antibiotics to start tomorrow cuz they think there is a bronchial infection.

It was pretty surreal - I kept thinking, "This is bad dream, right?"

I was a little scared about dying, but more worried about how it would affect my husband and my dog. I asked Creator to please send my Father to come get me if I was going to leave this world.

Thanks for letting me share. It just helps to get it out there. I'm glad for this forum. And I'm glad to still be here.

Have a safe night, everyone. I'm off to bed. It's been "one of those days" :biggrin:

Dark Witch 03-15-15 08:38 PM

I am glad that you are okay.:smile:

Shacke 03-16-15 12:53 PM

I‘m glad you‘re ok. I think we all are. :thumbsup:

sook 03-16-15 05:59 PM

RavenDarkLight,

It sounds like you may have had a panic attack - I hope you are feeling better.

You always have kind words of wisdom to others post, I don't post that much but I have read a lot of yours and you always try to help others out - you are a kind soul !

Get better,
sook

123Noon321 03-17-15 03:21 PM

Glad you are fine :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sometimes we dont even realize how much damage we are doing to our body while doing stuff that we find normal. I bet that this made you think a bit about that? I hope you will still be fine, just be sure to go to regular check ups ;) :hug: :hug: :hug:

RavenDarkLight 03-22-15 03:47 PM

Hi everyone. Thank you for your kind words. They make me feel really good and cared about! :wave:

Yes, this has been a kind of a reality check - that things can get out of hand when I'm not paying attention. And it might very well have included some panic/anxiety.

It's all so very humbling ... a profound reminder that we are here for a certain amount of time and to try not to waste any of it if possible. :rolleyes: