Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Eating Disorders (https://www.takethislife.com/eating-disorders/)
-   -   starting tomorrow (https://www.takethislife.com/eating-disorders/starting-tomorrow-17998/)

silent cry 11-10-08 12:44 PM

starting tomorrow

not eating starting tomorrow.... im too fat.. need to lose weight.. get rid of my ugly belly

Blue Girl 11-10-08 12:52 PM

Re: starting tomorrow

aw, hun, try to do it sensibly if u need to lose weight ((hugs))

silent cry 11-10-08 12:53 PM

no. sensible ways doesnt work.

Blue Girl 11-10-08 01:06 PM

:(

silent cry 11-10-08 01:09 PM

sorry

Blue Girl 11-10-08 01:27 PM

((((hugs))))

silent cry 11-12-08 11:49 AM

well ive been good for the past 2 days... and only had one bowl of soup with a small bread roll to go with it.. and thats all ive eaten the whole day. hurrah.. fat belly going down :)

Screw 11-12-08 12:51 PM

You need to take advantage of your metabolism to lose/maintain weight. Maximize it by eating something every 3 hours or so. When you finish eating something, see what time it is and add 3 hours which is when you will eat again.

Since you would be eating several times a day, don't eat too much. If you are concerned about consuming too many calories, eat foods that are low in them. In other words, foods that are made mostly of water such as fruits and vegetables. Fresh fruit, not dry (raisins and prunes are dry and have way more calories per ounce than fresh grapes for example).

If you eat this way then your body will constantly burn calories and you don't even have to exercise. Of course I recommend exercise as well to speed up the process.

Finally, if you insist on eating just a little bit of food a day, I think you should take a multivitamin daily to ensure that you are getting proper nutrition.

silent cry 11-13-08 04:41 AM

i dont need vitimins.. ile b ok..ive been ok for years.

i guess in a way im starving myself as a way to self harm.

Screw 11-13-08 08:39 PM

Starving youself is unhealthy. If you add in daily vitamins then it is still unhealthy but at least you will get the nutrients you need. It's not like vitamins have calories or anything. Taking vitamins may help you lose weight, but they won't result in gained weight. What have you got to lose? I guess a little bit of money.

You said you don't need vitamins. I disagree, unless you start eating what most people call a "balanced diet" meaning you eat a variety of foods that contain many vitamins, minerals, etc. Since you are trying to eat very little, you obviously are not getting those essentials. Hence my recommendation for the vitamin.

silent cry 11-15-08 09:48 AM

i drank diet coke with added vitimins ystday.. thats good enough for me.

i feel really guilty today... snacked on 2 biscuits b4 my soup today..ugh.. ile have to go with less tommorrow to punish myself for it

ozzycat 11-15-08 09:52 AM

no need for punishment silent,
please be careful trying to lose weight though.
((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

love you silent
ozzy

Blue Girl 11-15-08 10:25 PM

:( (((hug)))

Delta40 11-16-08 07:04 AM

Is your weight really the issue here Silent? You know when you starve, that whatever food your body receives it will store it to fat so it is not the balanced way to lose weight. Each time my daughter self-harms, she finds peace and everybody else around her is thrown into chaos. it is like the tables are temporarily turned when she engages in this practice. Or a better way of putting it is - she externalises her inner chaos and for a short while feels like she is in control of her life. Is it possible that you are starving yourself for reasons other than weight loss?

I am sorry you're feeling this way

LostEmily 11-16-08 07:17 AM

I understand not wanting to eat because you think you need to lose body fat. I also know that the pain in your stomach is a sick comfort and you love it, because I loved it. I'm not sure when it happened, but I finally realized that the only safe way to lose BF is through exercise and diet (what you eat...not what you don't eat). I slowly started eating more, not taking in all of the saturated fats I used to eat a lot of, and I started going to the gym and running trails outside. I'm still amazed at how much better I feel since then. I think because of it my self-image has gotten a lot better. I'll tell you what my favorite dessert is: fresh fruit!! I hope that you find the peace with your body as I have through Yoga, exercise, and good food.

silent cry 11-16-08 08:02 AM

idk delta... probably.. control.. i know its something i can take control of.. and when i dont eat my ugly flabby belly goes down and then when i look in the mirror i feel better cus its not so fat when i starve. and i hate the thought of being over 9st so soon as i get near that point i know i have to starve for a while.
maybe too i know i can use it as a way to self harm.. i know it aint good for me.. but i dont care cus i deserve to hurt. im in control of it all.

emily i know exercise & food are the best ways to help.. but they also take hard work and time..starving is a quick fix.

ozzycat 11-16-08 10:14 AM

i know what its like to want to be in control, but u dont deserve thin silent, you dont deserve to hurt. no one does. ever.
(((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))) please be careful

ozzy <3

LostEmily 11-16-08 08:57 PM

To be honest with you...starving myself was a way to harm myself without leaving scars. But I soon found out that I could control the urge to harm myself through diet and exercise. It was a vicious cycle...the depression causes low self-esteem, low self-esteem led to poor body image, poor body image meant I would starve myself, which made me more depressed. But my body image wasn't the reason I was starving myself, and I had to realize that...and I'm no expert but I think that's the case with a lot of people...and to be honest with you...it's still hard to eat sometimes, but not because I think I'm fat, it's because I don't want to cut.

Delta40 11-18-08 06:35 AM

My daughter who is a cutter said thats the thing about self-harm. People just assume the practice is something akin to a bloody self-inflicted injury but its so many other things. Starvation is one of them.

I will never agree that you deserve to hurt Silent.

msking03 11-27-08 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silent cry (Post 201936)
i dont need vitimins.. ile b ok..ive been ok for years.

i guess in a way im starving myself as a way to self harm.

so do you really think it is about your weight then?

Yes, you need vitamins- whether you eat or not- no one eats the recommended amount of everything for even a regular diet.

Yes, losing weight the HEALTHY way DOES work. AND you keep it off and learn a life-long way of living, not a short-term, self-harming, way of eating that just comes back full force.

It may take longer- but can make you happier, and healthier.

The dilemma sucks. If you're like me- the ED has nothing to do with weight which makes it even harder to deal with.

So, what are your triggers- what has happened recently that made you wish to salf-harm in such a way?

silent cry 11-27-08 08:57 AM

i dont know. :(

Oubliette 01-27-09 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silent cry (Post 205152)
i dont know. :(

I'll give you a tip to loosing weight while still being able to eat!

Become a Vegan. I'm am totally serious when I say this (as I have been on a vegan diet for 2 months now) you will lose weight, but you will lose it the healthy way.

animal fat stores in the body, it is not good for you at all. fats acquired from fruits, vegetables and nuts/seeds/grains etc are more like a liquid fat and are easily processed by the body.

Milk and dairy products contain hormones and high saturated fat levels. Switch to soy products.

The best thing about being vegan is that you will pick up an item of food in the supermarket and say to yourself 'can I eat this' turn it over and read all of the ingredients...if it has dairy or animal products you tell yourself 'no, i can't eat this' you CAN'T eat it...therefor you won't buy it.

Animal meat had been thought to contain a certain 'magical ingredient' that you can't get from any other food source. This is completely not true. Animal meat does contain several good vitamins, all of which you can obtain from vegetables, fruit and nuts etc.

I wasn't that interested in loosing weight on this diet, and I've been through the struggles of anorexia & bulimia, so I know how it feels...I know what goes through your head, but this diet allows you to eat. You can eat 3 meals and snacks. You can allow yourself to eat more without the panic of gaining weight. and it's incredibly good for you as long as you make sure you're getting enough iron and other essential vitamins.

Not eating will set your body into starvation mode. Your metabolism will slow down close to the rate it is at while sleeping, which means fats are stored in your body and instead, muscle is burned. Trust me on this, I've done it...I've gone through it...and it's not pretty.

I suggest to anyone who are struggling with their body image and thoughts of foods...Vegan is a healthy alternative! Many doctors believe that a vegan diet, over a long period of time...will basically rid you of a majority of your body fat. and you can still enjoy an avocado!....I've been eating avocados almost every day. I haven't been counting calories and I've been eating quite a lot. I still eat natural peanut butter, I do still eat honey (even though this is an animal by-product, I don't believe it is harmful in any way to the bees). I still eat vegan cakes (I make some amazing vegan banana & passionfruit muffins!

OK now I've written a small essay. But anyone who's struggling with an eating disorder please consider this alternative. It allows you to have control over what you eat by reading the labels of everything....and you can still pig out! (I've done this a few times...but trust me...you end up actually getting a healthy appetite when you're cooking your own meals every night).

Watch the YouTube videos on cruelty to animals!.....I'll guarantee you, if that doesn't stop you eating meat and drinking dairy....then nothing will! I've both watched and read several lectures from scientists and doctors regarding a Vegan diet, if anyone have any questions about it please feel free to ask.

love4pancho 01-27-09 09:52 PM

amen oubliette, i have been a strict vegetarian now for 8 years, it is the best way to go.

Oubliette 01-27-09 10:19 PM

*hi-fives love4pancho* =D

Adena 02-06-09 03:19 AM

I started out trying to control my weight with anorexia, but since I've become a vegetarian, I'm a lot healthier and I have the right sort of weight. It is healthier. I agree.

Oubliette 02-09-09 08:15 PM

One of the major problems with anorexia and eating disorders is whether you actually like the look of protruding bones, or whether you just want to be skinnier?

For me...I have to admit I was quite fond of the protruding bones, and I still have trouble controlling those thoughts.

There's just so many factors to consider before you can even really know how to help someone...it's such a secretive illness, just as many things associated with depression can be.

People see these skinny catwalk models and think that starving yourself will produce this, when generally these girls are around 14-15 years old (maybe a little older) and are either on strict diets or are just naturally skinny, it's highly unlikely that they don't ever eat....and generally you can tell which ones don't eat....they look tired, hollowed and ugly.

Adena 02-10-09 06:57 AM

My mother discovered exactly how much my bones were protruding, and she made me eat huge meals every day under her watchful eye. Thank goodness for that. If she hadn't I'd still be anorexic.