Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Dreams (https://www.takethislife.com/dreams/)
-   -   Have you tried lucid dreaming? (https://www.takethislife.com/dreams/have-you-tried-lucid-dreaming-179073/)

vishnu prasad 10-15-14 04:50 AM

Have you tried lucid dreaming?

I love to dream like many others.It will be always great if you can dream anything you love to experience, but just can't experience at wish.I will sleep today targeting some dreams.I don't know if it is lucid dreaming.

But have anyone succeeded dreaming anything you wished?

Gene Poule 10-15-14 09:16 AM

Not really. The closest I've come, is, if I try to go back to sleep quickly after having a good dream, a few times I was able to allow it to continue. I just wish I could stop the nightmares from happening, but those I really have little control of.

Yes its nice when you have some control over your dreams.

I hope more people share their ideas on this topic of "Lucid Dreaming", I'm quite interested myself.

Let us know how you make out with it.

vishnu prasad 10-15-14 11:01 PM

As I was very late to get to bed,I was very tired by then.So couldn't plan of a dream and immediately slept.But I remember a dream I had yesterday.It was of a place which I really like,but was in completely different form which I don't want to see.

vishnu prasad 10-17-14 02:10 AM

I read two chapters of a book on wildlife and badly wanted to dream some big cats or elephants.But I hardly remember any dream,not sure if i had any.

FearofOneSelf 10-17-14 07:24 PM

I have always wanted to try this but I'm on sleeping tabs so they would stop me.

Anyone have any good links to read on this :)

vishnu prasad 10-18-14 02:49 AM

I am not on pills.But I am walking around 12-14 km everyday in four schedules.So I fell asleep as soon as possible.Yesterday's sleep was not planned.I sat and slept for sometime and after a half an hour sleep me then moved to my room.So couldn't plan yesterday too.

vishnu prasad 10-19-14 08:42 AM

Yesterday I was reading a book and once a chapter was over I kept the book aside and just thought about it a while.I slept on the way, lights still on.After a while I woke up switched off lights and again slept.I slept for few minutes and woke up.Then I started imaginations and it felt real for sometime.Don't know if it was lucid dreaming or just a kind of day dream.But it was great.

vishnu prasad 10-20-14 03:30 AM

I tried for a dream yesterday too. But I was bit anxious about the day ahead and all I was dreaming on was the work I had to complete by noon today.So couldn't enjoy the sleep or didn't had a good dream.

vishnu prasad 10-20-14 11:12 PM

Yesterday before going to bed i did mast****tion. After that my imaginations where not working.

The Algea 10-21-14 12:05 AM

Yup. And ever since my first attempt I've suffered from sleep paralysis.

vishnu prasad 10-21-14 01:04 AM

Is there any risks trying out this out on regular basis?

vishnu prasad 10-22-14 04:41 AM

Yesterday, again I just slept before I expected.Actually now a days I am not waiting for sleep to come,but it is happening other way.

vishnu prasad 10-26-14 10:55 PM

It is not working out for me.But what i realized from these days attempts are
You should be calm and composed while going to sleep
Should have a good day before
Should be expecting a good day next

vishnu prasad 10-27-14 11:00 PM

My mind was messed up with lot of calculations of no use.Dreamed something on that.But not at all impressive.

vishnu prasad 10-30-14 10:41 PM

I started smoking at the age of 18.I continued till I was 24.It's been over 5 years since I smoked.
But yesterday night I dreamed as if I was regretting for restarting smoking.I got pretty much relieved when I woke up knowing it was a dream.But that pain which I felt in my heart while dreaming has not totally left.I am a bit uncomfortable.Is there any meaning with that?

vishnu prasad 11-03-14 02:59 AM

I saw a dream yesterday night or towards early morning.Towards end of the dream i was actually getting some control.
I like to get physically lifted by women and it is a fantasy which always drives me.In my dream i was in a scenario which could have lead to this.I took control of the dream and almost made it,when a second before I realized it was a dream and woke up.

Bak Toyou 11-30-14 03:21 PM

Have I? No. I don't know what lucids are but I don't have any. Where do you get them?

Bak Toyou 11-30-14 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishnu prasad (Post 1844234)
I like to get physically lifted by women and it is a fantasy which always drives me.

Wow, now that's different. :eek: I'd like to hear more :smile:

simlrmind 12-01-14 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bak Toyou (Post 1890098)
Have I? No. I don't know what lucids are but I don't have any. Where do you get them?

not sure if links are allowed, mods may delete this but here is a link to one of the best books i have found on how to LD

Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge ? Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

or look up dream yoga:heart:

vishnu prasad 12-01-14 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bak Toyou (Post 1890106)
Wow, now that's different. :eek: I'd like to hear more :smile:

Glad that you responded to this particular post and it's been my favorite topic.
I don't know what to tell or how to tell. Matter is simply, I like getting lifted by girls. Girls in the sense, they can be of any age group. And my preference is women of 40s and even better if they are taller than me.Will write more based on your reply.
Please don't feel offended with my language.I am not good with English as I started trying to master it only very recently.I am not sure what sense will my language make on you.

vishnu prasad 12-01-14 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bak Toyou (Post 1890098)

I am a day dreamer and always day dreams things which I want to, but never gonna achieve.I always knew in real dreams we have a geometric or three-dimensional view while day dreams are generally algebraic or two-dimensional.So I surfed to get tips on making planned or creative dreams.

vishnu prasad 12-01-14 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simlrmind (Post 1890697)
not sure if links are allowed, mods may delete this but here is a link to one of the best books i have found on how to LD

Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge ? Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

or look up dream yoga:heart:

Thanks for the response and link provided.Let me go through it.It always feel great when I see getting responded.
:smile::wave::hug:

Bak Toyou 12-01-14 12:57 PM

Thanks Simlrmind, I checked out the book, it looks interesting!
Visnu you're English is fine.

vishnu prasad 12-02-14 10:55 PM

Not trying lucid dreaming these days as my mind is not positive.

simlrmind 12-03-14 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishnu prasad (Post 1894161)
Not trying lucid dreaming these days as my mind is not positive.

me 2:hug:

and to be honest, i will never try it again, unless it's spontaneous:frown:

vishnu prasad 12-05-14 03:12 AM

But if we can create a scene which we are not likely to achieve in life, i think lucid dreaming serves a big purpose.

simlrmind 12-05-14 04:50 AM

You read my mind:hug:

i prefer conscious imagination now. i overlooked it because of emotional entrappment.
everything starts with a dream hey?:hug:

vishnu prasad 12-07-14 11:37 PM

Imaginations works best at early morning.I love it when i imagine things from the moment i wake up and for next 5 min, it will be vivid.

vishnu prasad 01-29-15 04:21 AM

I would like to know one thing. If I thinks about a girl and she thinks about me, is there a chance for me to dream her easily, considering the presence of universal mind.

RunningDeer 12-05-17 08:07 PM

I have not ever really lucid dreamed, however I once had a dream in which I fell asleep and had a lucid dream. Then I woke up from that dream and I was still dreaming, but I thought I was awake because I just woke up... then I woke up again.
Another time, I had a dream in which I was about to die and I realized that I was dreaming. However, instead of trying to take control of the dream, I just mentally screamed at myself to wake up (it didn't work).