Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Other Mental Health (https://www.takethislife.com/other-mental-health/)
-   -   Triggered by a TV Show (https://www.takethislife.com/other-mental-health/triggered-tv-show-171962/)

SensualGirl 08-26-14 07:02 PM

Triggered by a TV Show

I was watching a show called Bad Sex. One of the episodes featured a guy with a clown fetish. He said he likes the idea of picking up women, taking them home, debasing and humiliating them, and then sending them back into the world wounded. He said he likes the idea of the girl getting engaged and having to tell her fiance that she once let a guy dress her up to look like a circus freak and pour cereal on them.

This triggered voices saying "you see why women shouldn't hook up? Men are dangerous. He's doing you a favor by warning you."

It reminded me of the fuck buddy who flipped the script and called me fat and lazy. One time, when we were having sex, I started talking dirty and we both laughed. The voices said "he was laughing AT you."

Long story short I was angry and sad. I was shocked at how much power this unattractive, creepy guy has over women. He can maneuver them like pawns: these women there are worthless, I think I'll make this one a girlfriend. I'll have my cake and eat it later.

But I feel better now because there was a female sex addict. I felt like I could relate to her. She was in safe situations. She doesn't give a shit. She seems happy. I won't let people like that scare me.

123Noon321 08-27-14 10:09 AM

Quote:

It reminded me of the fuck buddy who flipped the script and called me fat and lazy. One time, when we were having sex, I started talking dirty and we both laughed. The voices said "he was laughing AT you."
Keywords are " we laughed", that means he wasnt laughing at you, he laughed with you. :)

I am glad that you feel better now. And when it comes to sex, most of the times, female is one with most control. :P

SecretMillionaire 08-27-14 04:18 PM

Quote:

He said he likes the idea of the girl getting engaged and having to tell her fiance that she once let a guy dress her up to look like a circus freak and pour cereal on them.
Hmm.. a cereal killer.

SensualGirl 08-27-14 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsdimitrije (Post 1724194)
Keywords are " we laughed", that means he wasnt laughing at you, he laughed with you. :)

I am glad that you feel better now. And when it comes to sex, most of the times, female is one with most control. :P

Well well well, my baby brother is back.

SensualGirl 08-27-14 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SecretMillionaire (Post 1724818)
Hmm.. a cereal killer.

LOL, clever:thumbsup:

Anastassia Florine 09-14-14 04:45 PM

He's a cereal killer only if his victims let him kill them. :P

Hmmm, maybe he laughed at her and her at the situation; I dunno; I wasn't there.

It is hypocritical and stupid of those voices to tell you abuse is doing you a favor... protecting you from abuse! How much abuse and in what situation, exactly, is favorable? Makes no sense!

SensualGirl 09-20-14 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anastassia Florine (Post 1761618)
He's a cereal killer only if his victims let him kill them. :P

Hmmm, maybe he laughed at her and her at the situation; I dunno; I wasn't there.

It is hypocritical and stupid of those voices to tell you abuse is doing you a favor... protecting you from abuse! How much abuse and in what situation, exactly, is favorable? Makes no sense!

Wow, how sweet of you to respond to all these different threads in this section!

I didn't understand the last part...