Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Anxiety (https://www.takethislife.com/anxiety/)
-   -   new places (https://www.takethislife.com/anxiety/new-places-12749/)

silent cry 12-01-07 02:56 AM

new places

im goin to birmingham today to do some shoppin, been there b4 once. im excited but at the same time im so scared. scred of getting lost and not being able to find my way back. there are shops as soon as i come out the station which i was planning on sticking too, but there are 2 other shops i really wana go to which mean i need to walk around to find them. im scared about doin that. if i do get lost i feel uncomfortable asking for directions, what if i cant find my way?
also i hate big cities so just being there makes me anxious anyway. grrr!

Mitza 12-01-07 05:19 AM

I'm sorry Silent.. I wish I could come with you shopping.. I love exploring cities, finding my way... Maybe there is a free tourist map you can bring from the railway station? The maps are usually crap, but they use to have shopping streets drawn it at least.. ;) I hope you don't get lost, and have a great time shopping. :)

silent cry 12-01-07 10:40 AM

im home.
started off scary, i wanted to get the train to birmingham new street, but the man on ticket desk just said 'you can get the train to birmingham moor st which is next.

arghh i've never been to moor st b4 so was scared, but i jumped on the train. tried to remember every turning etc i made. was quite scary cus didnt really know where i was goin. only kinda got lost once, but i turned around and found my way out. was so pleased with myself i managed to find my way to both my favourite shops and found both the christian book shops. there was only one shop i couldnt find that i wanted too.
started to get stressed after a while tho so had to grab train back home.

Mitza 12-01-07 10:55 AM

That's great Silent! :) I'm proud of you for going there today, and finding your way!! *hugs*

silent cry 12-01-07 10:59 AM

:)

well i got my bday and xmas present from my dad. (dad gave me money to buy sumin and he will wrap em up now) so i got 2 hoodie type jackets (one red with white drawings on like doodles, and one black with white stars) some black baggy trousers, socks and a casting crowns album :)

Mitza 12-01-07 11:02 AM

ah... I love hoodies and baggy trousers too!! :) :)

silent cry 12-01-07 11:03 AM

you have good taste gal :)

Mitza 12-01-07 11:05 AM

:D

Mitza 12-01-07 11:06 AM

:D You have to recommend stores for me to shop in... Going to London in February..

silent cry 12-01-07 11:09 AM

really?? how come ur goin to london?

ive never been to london (but hanna lives in london at mo ile ask her)
primark is brill (its all nice clothes from nice shops but at low prices. like today i got one hoody, baggy trousers and socks for £8.50 from primark- BARGAIN :)