Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Prescription Medication (https://www.takethislife.com/prescription-medication/)
-   -   another increase (https://www.takethislife.com/prescription-medication/another-increase-12242/)

silent cry 10-15-07 11:00 AM

another increase

had my appt with a psychiatrist today... hurrah she's actually doin sumin and not ignoring me like everyone else has done for months.
she's writing a letter to GP to increase the dosage again.. then in 6 weeks i gotta return to the hospital again and if they still aint really helping then she will look at changing my meds.
hurrah about time n all

Mitza 10-15-07 05:07 PM

That's great, Silent! I'm glad she is not ignoring you.. *hugs* :D

silent cry 10-23-07 12:38 PM

ughhh, been to docs tonight... he makes me sooooo angry.

fistly he asks what dosage im on.. so im like idk, 75mg not sure.. and he's like- well you should know! its on the fucking computer screen infront of you- why the fuck doesnt he look for himself!!!

then i tell him that the psychiatrist should have wrote to him about increasing the meds.. so he looks and nothing.. he had no update.. o great!!! so i have to go wait in the waiting room again, while the receptionists look in the unopened mail to see if there is anything for me.. finally they find the letter so i could get the prescription...even then the fucking doc was unsure whether it was just the one dose at night or a 75mg in morning and larger dose at night.. he's a twat.. im gonna refuse to have him next time i think.
but yeah anyways im on 150mg of venlafaxine now, just one at night, its the largest dose of this med they do.. they are horrible looking big brown pills :( so annoying that its a night i have to take it... its at night time i forget cus i just wana go to sleep and when im asleep i dont need it cus im not depressed when im sleeping!!! but o well, i guess ile see how it goes.

should i start them tonight do u think??? cus i took one of the 75mg this morning?
o fuck it... i am

dreamer 10-26-07 12:09 AM

o girl, don't you even get me started on doctors and their shenanigans!! i'm sorry you have to deal with incompetence. at least you're aware of yourself enough to be able to manage your own care if need be. can you imagine how messed up it would be if you were totally wacked out and couldn't do it, and the docs were just running things? they screw it all up, for real. they just don't get it. we put so much faith in their ability to GET IT, and sometimes they just don't.
i hope your medicine works for you. i'm currently taking an antidepressant that's working for me, lexapro. to illustrate how doctors can be idiots, i'll tell you a short story: my doctor tried to pull me off lexapro after i repeatedly told her how WELL IT WAS WORKING for me. her reasoning was that i was having "too much happiness and energy". i mean, wtf!!! that's thinking for you!! patient comes into office looking more full of life force than EVER BEFORE, and god this is really unusual, totally out of character, so we'd better pull them off that medicine asap and get them back down to SEMI-LIVING right away.
do you hear what i'm saying? it's just not right.
anyway, i hope you have better luck dealing with them next time. my recommendation is that you learn everything about your medicine and your diagnosis and your options so that when you go back in there you'll be ready to deal with whatever they throw at you.
oh and by the way, nice to "see" you silent, you're like the only person on ttl who regularly responds to my posts, thank you :)

silent cry 10-26-07 12:42 AM

wtf... they are STUPID.. how can u have too much happiness???
uhhh i hate docs so much.

good to see you too dreamer :)

GirlinDarkWell 11-06-07 09:13 PM

oh wow, I think there should be a forum in here about how How doctors
can be idiots! . yes I had same experience with my so called doctor
that I now call Doctor Do LITTLE' that's her name.
Which so fits. She wanted to put me back on Effexor and I told her
repeatedly that it stopped working for me. So I voice my opinion
and get upset and what does she label me 'Bipolar disorder'
I mean just because I was voicing what I felt?
Even my therapist called that nutz.
So my doctor is afraid of me lol. Though she has no reason to be.
Unless I should bring something in to make her listen to me Joking
just they do get frustrating when they don't listen or care.
Try to put you on something you don't want or take you off something
that works! .
Really we should have a forum about how doctors can be
DOCTOR DO LITTLE"S> !. hope your doing ok silent.

silent cry 11-07-07 12:35 AM

haha, i like that name doc do little :)

doctors stupidity amazes me

GirlinDarkWell 11-07-07 06:06 PM

Glad you like it. Use it anytime you want lol
I sure do!. How's the med's working for you?

silent cry 11-08-07 12:45 AM

they are keeping me at a stable low point. they make me tired and give me headaches.

they dont really make me any happier