I really want to discuss this with people. So I did this thread. Please, anyone, if you are here, you can write here. Im feeling so alone.
Something about BPD.
1. Shifts in mood
lasting only a few hours
2. Anger that is inappropriate, intense or uncontrollable
3. Self-destructive acts
(one of the highest suicide rate)
4. Self-damaging impulsive behaviors
- alcohol and other drug abuse
, compulsive spending, gambling, eating disorders, shoplifting, reckless driving, compulsive sexual behavior
5. Persistent identity disturbance
shown by uncertainty in self-image, sexual orientation, career choice or other long-term goals, friendships, values - people with BPD may not feel like they know who they are, or what they think, or what their opinions are, or what religion they should be
6. Chronic feelings of emptiness
or boredom, "lack of a life"
7. Unstable, chaotic intense relationships characterized by splitting
8. Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment
- Splitting: the self and others are viewed as "all good" or "all bad." Someone with BPD said, "One day I would think my doctor was the best and I loved her, but if she challenged me in any way I hated her. There was no middle ground as in like. In my world, people were either the best or the worst. I couldn't understand the concept of middle ground."
- Alternating clinging and distancing behaviors (I Hate You, Don't Leave Me). Sometimes you want to be close to someone. But when you get close it feels TOO close and you feel like you have to get some space. This happens often.
- Great difficulty trusting people and themselves. Early trust may have been shattered by people who were close to you.
- Sensitivity to criticism or rejection
- Feeling of "needing" someone else to survive
- Heavy need for affection and reassurance
- Some people with BPD may have an unusually high degree of interpersonal sensitivity, insight and empathy
9. Stress-related paranoid ideation or severe dissociative symptoms
- Their lives may be a chaotic landscape of job losses, interrupted educational pursuits, broken engagements, hospitalization (thats me)
- Many have a background of childhood physical, sexual, or emotional abuse or physical/emotional neglect
Thank you for anyone willing to help.