Today, I found out a good friend passed away suddenly from cancer. He was 58, far too young. I'm still a bit stunned.
In trying to deal with this, the following occur to me:
1. Obviously, life isn't fair. This was a good man with many great years ahead with a well earned retirement and likely a grand child or two.
2. There is nothing I can do other than pay my respects and comfort the family.
3. My life has been enriched by my friendship with him, something I am grateful regarding.
4. The process of moving forward and trying to fill the void left by his passing seems daunting.
5. Lastly, I am trying to focus on the qualities that made him such a good and beloved person. Perhaps I will learn to emulate them more, taking the best of my friend and follow the lead he demonstrated.
Thanks for letting me vent and get some things off my mind