To get through a tough period, I've tried and suggest you try:
1. remind yourself baby steps
2. take each day at a time...like "If I can just get through to tomorrow."
3. Keep giving yourself a goal or goals. Do something each week to achieve them.
4. Notice the free beauty around you, something that could be of a sensual experience, like the fragrance of a rose, the blueness of the sky or water, a cool breeze, the scent of freshly mowed grass, the giggles of a child, a flowing stream, the soft fur of a loved animal, such as a cat or dog.
5. Write in a journal and pour out all your feelings
6. Get busy. go for a walk. Pick up the clutter. Do the dishes. Clean the bathroom. Run the vacuum. Take up a sport. Volunteer.
7. for cutters: put a rubber band on your wrist, and snap it each time you want to cut.
8. for negative thinkers: put a rubber band on your wrist and snap it each time you start the negativity
9. Do what you are doing by sharing yourself here on the forum.
As I come across others, I will add to this list.