what do you guys do for fun?
Take This Life  

Go Back   Take This Life > The Lighter Side > Inspiration > Fun

what do you guys do for fun?

This is a discussion on what do you guys do for fun? within the Fun forums, part of the Inspiration category; life is so boring these days. What can a guy with severe social anxiety and no friends do for fun?...

join us
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-16, 12:24 AM   #1
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 696
Default what do you guys do for fun?

life is so boring these days. What can a guy with severe social anxiety and no friends do for fun?
Black Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-16, 11:10 AM   #2
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8
Default

Have you ever thought of getting a pet?
Scam Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-16, 10:01 PM   #3
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scam Sandwich View Post
Have you ever thought of getting a pet?
no, I don't really like animals tbh.
Black Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-07-16, 08:54 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
TheSilentGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 172
My Mood:
Default

You could try being a content creator; drawing, writing, crafting, making games, composing. (I basically do all these things lol, not that I'm good at all of them)

You could also just watch some anime; I recommend Psycho-Pass, Parasyte, and Angel Beats!.
TheSilentGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-16, 03:54 AM   #5
New Member
 
sugar bombs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 19
My Mood:
Default

I am pretty much occupied with work and video games at the moment.
I tried playing Ark but it's too much of a grind and it's very depressing to get raided and griefed by people. I will recommend Fallout or Skyrim for starters. You can create your own story and you can do whatever you want to do. Plus it's single player so you don't have to worry about other people.
I'm also into anime and I'm watching horror and comedy. Will recommend Another (nice suspense), Assassination Classroom, The Devil is a Part-Timer (this one's really something), School Rumble, Death Note, Cromartie High, Shin Chan is okay, Tokyo Ghoul is very original, and a lot more (I have a good list, just tell me your genre if you're interested).
Reading is good but it depends on the book.
Reading manga is different (coz there's pictures! LOL) I like reading Friday Forbidden Tales. Get a free manga reader app. Would recommend Zingbox but Manga Rock will also do.
What are your interests anyway?
sugar bombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-16, 02:06 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
TheSilentGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 172
My Mood:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar bombs View Post
I am pretty much occupied with work and video games at the moment.
I tried playing Ark but it's too much of a grind and it's very depressing to get raided and griefed by people. I will recommend Fallout or Skyrim for starters. You can create your own story and you can do whatever you want to do. Plus it's single player so you don't have to worry about other people.
I'm also into anime and I'm watching horror and comedy. Will recommend Another (nice suspense), Assassination Classroom, The Devil is a Part-Timer (this one's really something), School Rumble, Death Note, Cromartie High, Shin Chan is okay, Tokyo Ghoul is very original, and a lot more (I have a good list, just tell me your genre if you're interested).
Reading is good but it depends on the book.
Reading manga is different (coz there's pictures! LOL) I like reading Friday Forbidden Tales. Get a free manga reader app. Would recommend Zingbox but Manga Rock will also do.
What are your interests anyway?
Yeah Ark is hella grindy, my friend tried to get me into that game, and I ended up running around for 4 hours collecting berries for him and then I just got bored.

I vouch for Another, AssClass (lol), and DeathNote; all great series. I haven't seen the others though, besides Tokyo Ghoul; which is my opinion started off great then increasingly became harder to watch and pretty confusing, especially season 2.
TheSilentGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-16, 06:24 AM   #7
New Member
 
sugar bombs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 19
My Mood:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentGrey View Post
Yeah Ark is hella grindy, my friend tried to get me into that game, and I ended up running around for 4 hours collecting berries for him and then I just got bored.

I vouch for Another, AssClass (lol), and DeathNote; all great series. I haven't seen the others though, besides Tokyo Ghoul; which is my opinion started off great then increasingly became harder to watch and pretty confusing, especially season 2.
Try watching The Devil is a Part-Timer or Hataraku Maou-sama:
Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 1 English Dubbed

It's in english dubbed. There are some subs at the beginning but that's because they're using devil language. I hope you'll like it. :)
sugar bombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-16, 10:54 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
TheSilentGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 172
My Mood:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar bombs View Post
Try watching The Devil is a Part-Timer or Hataraku Maou-sama:
Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 1 English Dubbed

It's in english dubbed. There are some subs at the beginning but that's because they're using devil language. I hope you'll like it. :)
Oh I actually just started Cromartie Highschool so I might finish that first xD I really prefer the performance of japanese seiyuu over the english voice actors most of the time, so I watch in subs. Only time I grab dubs is if I want to rewatch a series while I'm drawing, so I can pay less attention and hear what's going on. (also I use shana-project RSS feed and nyaa.se instead of streaming, fansubbers do a phenomenal job most of the time)

I will defs check out maou-sama after though
TheSilentGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-16, 05:28 AM   #9
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 3
Default

Hello guys, what I do is play computer games and I also play to relax. I've started playing since I was a kid on our old house in Panama. However I stopped playing until last year. This year I started to play again to have fun and to relax. But I only play for a couple of hours. - Gustavo Woltmann
__
“Publishers are notoriously slothful about numbers, unless they're attached to dollar signs - unlike journalists, quarterbacks, and felony criminal defendants who tend to be keenly aware of numbers at all times.”
- Hunter S. Thompson
GustavoWoltmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-17, 11:55 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 63
My Mood:
Default

Black sheep.

If you like computers, there are many many programs out there that lets you do anything you want. You can 3d design, make movies, make videos, do all kinds of stuff. I mash up music videos for fun sometimes.
John569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2