Have you thought of natural supplements for sleep?
Valerian Root is a natural plant found in nature, and if you take two Valerian root capsules that usually helps nicely (except for me, because my insomnia is way out of control, but even for me I feel drowsy with it).
Melatonin can also be bought at natural supplement stores. Melatonin is the natural chemical our body produces to put us to sleep, so giving yourself an extra dose can put you over.
Other then that, making sure you have a healthy sleep environment is a good way to make sure you can sleep:
1. Make sure you don't do work or schoolwork in your room, so that the bedroom can be associated as a place of relaxation and not of work.
2. Drink some warm milk with some turkey, both of those foods have chemicals in them that make us tired.
3. Don't watch TV or surf the internet or play video games while you're trying to go to bed, it will just energize you.
4. Don't drink anything caffinated within 6hrs of your bedtime.
5. Don't have big meals before bed, they will energize you.
6. Try lighting candles or an electric blanket or a CD with ocean sounds to relax you, sometimes that helps.
7. Sometimes a hot shower before bed can help relax the muslces as well.
If none of this helps, you can try Tylenol Simply Sleep. It is a sleep aid you can find in any Rite Aid or Longs, and it is pretty mild and it works well. Best of all, you don't need a prescription for it. It works pretty well, it worked for me for a few weeks, and that is saying something.