From time to time the TTL Team invites members to become moderators. We thought it might be easier to identify good candidates for moderators in the future by inviting anyone interested to fill out a questionnaire. If you believe in what TTL is trying to accomplish and would like to be a part of the TTL Team, please answer the questions below in as much detail as possible and submit your completed application to the Contact Moderators
forum where only members of the TTL team will be able to see it.
Please note that whether or not you are invited to join the Team is not a reflection of anyone's thoughts on the value you bring to the community.
1) What do you think a moderator does at TTL?
2) Why do you want to be a moderator at TTL?
3) Do you feel your depression would impact your ability to moderate TTL effectively and/or fairly?
4) Please give several examples of the types of things that are inappropriate in posts and explain how you would handle them as a moderator?
5) As a moderator you would need to use additional tools to moderate. How comfortable are you navigating the site now and are you confident in your ability to learn additional functionality?
6) The TTL Rules have been drafted to allow members as much freedom as possible to express their thoughts while at the same time trying to prevent the types of things that could make somebody feel worse or be dangerous. What are your thoughts on the TTL Rules? Are there any that you disagree with? Are your disagreements such that they would prevent you from enforcing them?
7) If you were to become a moderator, how would you propose improving TTL?
8 ) Many of the issues moderators deal with that relate to TTL members are sensitive. Would you be able to resist sharing moderator discussions with longtime TTL friends? How?
9) We strongly discourage members from becoming romantically involved with one another. However, it has been known to happen. If you are or have been romantically involved with another TTL member, would this current or past relationship prevent you from moderating objectively? Would any current or future relationship prevent you from keeping moderator and member matters confidential?