How Do You Deal with Anger? - Page 4
Take This Life  

Go Back   Take This Life > Treatment and Resources > Treatment > Alternative Treatment

How Do You Deal with Anger?

This is a discussion on How Do You Deal with Anger? within the Alternative Treatment forums, part of the Treatment category; I often find a problem with this and its often increased with alcohol as you can imagine. It has ruined ...

join us
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-11, 01:11 PM   #31
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 46
Default

I often find a problem with this and its often increased with alcohol as you can imagine. It has ruined many relationships in my life and something i still to this day do not have under control. Fustrating and very scary when you truly cannot control a feeling and it takes you over....
Lukeduke954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 01:50 PM   #32
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 912
My Mood:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCougar View Post
How do you deal with anger? More and more I find myself overwhelmed with anger. Mind you, not aggression, but a constant burning feeling of anger.

It has resulted in me breaking some of my favorite things merely because I had them near me at the time. It usually ends when I realize I've broken something that can't be replaced, and the anger turns to sadness.

Not to mention it that it gives me a massive art block (though, I wouldn't be surprised of the anger and the art block were resonating upon each other).

I hardly recognize myself like this.. :C

Do you guys know/use any helpful exercises to reduce this pointless feeling of anger and need for destruction?
i dont handle it well usually i verbally abuse family member, slam doors, throw things(not at people at walk or on floor)
heartchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 01:53 PM   #33
Experienced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: with my TTL family
Posts: 1,528
Default

the only thing i sometimes do is try and listen to my relaxing music.

but a lot of the time i can't cope- and the music just makes me want to cry
sweet release is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 12:10 PM   #34
TTL Silver Member
 
forpetessake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Looserville, Hell
Posts: 8,163
My Mood:
Default

play drums
__________________
I am just a simple man who loves God, my wife, my children and my drums.
{ This Space For Rent }
forpetessake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 02:25 PM   #35
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northwest UK
Posts: 70
My Mood:
Default

Maybe try a let out of your angry/negitive emotions like writing, screaming at a wall, or take up boxing or something. It might help release it...
For me personally I just have to be either talked out of it by a loved one or let me ride through it somehow in the saftey away from doing much damage to anyone. Although writing does help me. Counting doesn't. Sometimes having a joint is nice.

Keeping it bottled up is probably one of the worst things you could do.
__________________
- You were only given this life because you are strong enough to live it -
Spaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 04:49 PM   #36
Experienced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: with my TTL family
Posts: 1,528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaggy View Post
Maybe try a let out of your angry/negitive emotions like writing, screaming at a wall, or take up boxing or something. It might help release it...
For me personally I just have to be either talked out of it by a loved one or let me ride through it somehow in the saftey away from doing much damage to anyone. Although writing does help me. Counting doesn't. Sometimes having a joint is nice.

Keeping it bottled up is probably one of the worst things you could do.

i actually did think of boxing.

someone was telling me about hitting a punchbat- and i thought it was a great idea

next monday i get to try it out
__________________
I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst,
then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
sweet release is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 04:29 AM   #37
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northwest UK
Posts: 70
My Mood:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet release View Post
i actually did think of boxing.

someone was telling me about hitting a punchbat- and i thought it was a great idea

next monday i get to try it out
Nice one, I think it's deffo worth a try at least. I've heard lots of people get their anger out at boxing, running, or the gym.
I hope it works and helps for you. Let us know how you find it!
__________________
- You were only given this life because you are strong enough to live it -
Spaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 09:53 PM   #38
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 912
My Mood:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCougar View Post
How do you deal with anger? More and more I find myself overwhelmed with anger. Mind you, not aggression, but a constant burning feeling of anger.

It has resulted in me breaking some of my favorite things merely because I had them near me at the time. It usually ends when I realize I've broken something that can't be replaced, and the anger turns to sadness.

Not to mention it that it gives me a massive art block (though, I wouldn't be surprised of the anger and the art block were resonating upon each other).

I hardly recognize myself like this.. :C

Do you guys know/use any helpful exercises to reduce this pointless feeling of anger and need for destruction?
i totally am feeling this way too and i have thrown thins and pushed stuff over
heartchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-11, 01:47 AM   #39
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
Default

Take a long breathe when you get angry. Yoga really
helps to control mind when you are getting angry.
junea9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-11, 08:26 AM   #40
Member
 
rainyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The moon
Posts: 308
My Mood:
Default

I run! On the treadmilll or go for a jog around the block! Gymming really helps me with mood regulation. Gymming with either angry music or upbeat stuff.

Ive broken my phone, photo frames etc...So i found an alternativeeee wayy!

Hope you find an alternativeeee wayyy!
__________________
Teaching is a work of heart.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2