Hi, I recently cured my depression with nutrition and some other things. I wanted to share how I did this and hopefully help people out with their depression. I was diagnosed with severe depression but recently got a job and began a nutritional plan after doing much research on depression.
I also did some therapy but stopped due to a lack of funds. It helped me with was releasing my anger and frustration with an exercise that is described by taking a pillow and using my fists to push it against the wall until I felt the negative emotions have left. Therapy also helped me to realize that I am not perfect and can make mistakes sometimes without it being any ones fault but something to learn from.
Here is a list of what I used or did to treat my depression.
1. Got a part-time job.
2. Started to exercise at least 10-20 minutes a day, especially when I felt down.
3. Started to sleep early (9:30pm). I started to have a bit of trouble with sleeping so I started taking Tart Cherry 425 MG capsules an hour before bed. Do some research of this type of cherry, it may help you sleep better if you have sleeping problems.
4. Spend time with people you trust and respect.
5. I take a Vitamin and Mineral supplement from a trusted source (3 in the morning and 3 at night).
6. Cod Liver Oil (I take a tablespoon full every day),
7. I always try to get at least 3000 IUs of Vitamin D3.
You can also get about 15,000 IUs of vitamin D3 by just exposing your entire body to sunlight for 15 mins a day. Ofcourse you will have to be wearing a swim suit or something that will expose alot of skin. It is a good idea to do this for awhile (15,000 IUs) because most likely you are deficient of vitamin D3 and your body needs to balance this out. Once you are not deficient, you can take 3,000 IUs a day. Please do your own research on anything I say just to take sure I have the correct info. NOT DOCTORS (most will just tell you to take pills, which do help but try nutrition also!) but nutritionists.
8. Eat foods high in tryptophan (Helps your body produce serotonin). I personally eat at least 1 banana and pineapples for breakfast. Then I drink a Whey Protein shake with my lunch. Then I try to have some buckwheat in my dinner once in awhile. Please research on foods for moods and foods that you might want to avoid.
9. I practiced a technique called "Meridian Therapy," which is basically EFT ( emotional freedom technique). Please do some research on it.
10. I only listen to uplifting music throughout the day and watched things that had very minimal negative things in it. I avoided all types of things that brought my mood down. Please be very aware of what may bring your mood down and up. They are great resources.
I did all these things for about 2 months and have to admit that I have alot of energy and feel A LOT better. I hope this will help you guys too!!