Ultimately the decision is up to you. I've had 3-4 electric shock treatments about 12 years ago. I was in the hospital as an "in patient" at the time, and was suicidal, so my doctor recommended electric shock.
To me, it's a rather draconian method of treatment.
All I will say is what happened from my experience. My short term memory was blasted into oblivion, and my brain felt like it was fried. I was completely numb for a long time.
Personally, there is no way I would ever do it again. The headaches that I had after the treatments were worse than any migraine I have ever had, and that is really saying something.
I'm not trying to scare you or anyone away from electric shock treatments, just being honest, and sharing my experience with it. Everybody is different, and maybe it works for some people, didn't work for me.