Take This Life

Take This Life (https://www.takethislife.com/)
-   Employment and Finances (https://www.takethislife.com/employment-finances/)
-   -   No job, Nothing to do (https://www.takethislife.com/employment-finances/no-job-nothing-do-75800/)

Raj007 08-17-12 03:33 AM

No job, Nothing to do

Friends,
i lost my job. . .
i have nothing to do right now.

being young & hot blooded, I did mistake by resigning from my earlier job.
It was fault of both me and my boss. There was some misunderstanding. But whatever I should not had resigned.
Looking back I realize that I was foolish and made mistake.
I should had talked and taken advice from my near ones, which I didn't do.
Anyways, past is past. I can't change that.

I am applying for jobs and trying to do things.
But the problem is that I am not finding enough courage to do things as I used to do earlier with so much confidence.

Friends as I stated earlier, I had wonderful career going. I also realize that there are many miserable souls out there who are in more awful situation than me.
But I also heard somewhere that "For every person, his/her misfortunes seem greatest in world".
Maybe that's happening to me too.

i feel depressed and very much worried.
i think i am losing my mind daily.

Though my family is supporting me and tries to comfort me, the problem is that, I don't want to discuss these things with them often.
it gives them pain to know that I am in pain. I can see it. So, I don't try to sound in pain infront of them.
But not discussing with them these things is also painful for me.

what should i do?
please suggest.

Hugs from Raj to all of you.

Faithful1 08-17-12 11:29 AM

Raj, I guess the only advice I can give to you is try to talk to them, let your family know you are hurting. I know they love you enough to take on the struggles with you to overcome this constant battle. It is a great thing you are already trying to find another job, I commend you for that and I wish you the best of luck! Hang in there and feel free to talk at anytime.

SensualGirl 08-17-12 12:17 PM

Read The Joy of Not Working by Ernie J. Zelinski. Make a list of things you hated about your former job. Reflect on things you can do now that you're unemployed.

Raj007 08-19-12 07:59 AM

Thanks for your good suggestions friends.

SensualGirl, I don't seem to enjoy reading books right now.
It has been like "Empty mind, devil's workshop" kind of thing right now.

Hugs, Raj007

nobodysperfect 08-19-12 10:42 AM

Have you signed on t get money from the state?
Look for a job
register on as many employment agencies as possible including online agencies and apply for those jobs

Raj007 08-24-12 11:14 PM

Thanks nobodysperfect,
But in country where I live there is no such option as you have mentioned.

Friends,
when i look back into my life I can only see the missed opportunities. All those opportunities which I could had grabbed but I didn't because of my ignorance.
I was too proud.
I didn't see look into the bigger picture.

And now I am clueless what to do next. I see my friends moving on with their life, achieving success one after another. It pains. This kind of situation really is killing me however hard I am trying to be happy.

Hugs, RAJ007

Large 09-08-12 12:46 PM

Raj. waw the same feeling we have. same situation we in. and nearly the same story. how long have you been in this state?

me too i am finding difficult to get the courage that i used to easily have before.... i was on top in my job. on top! then wanted to start my own business and be an entrepreneur, i resigned without any serious plan in mind. that was a mistake a big one. i thought i could easily do anything just i needed some to think. and time have passed and passed and passed.....and seeing my friends all of them moving on full of actions and achievements and me still in my confusion...it is tough and hard

tempered 09-08-12 01:41 PM

Raj, good luck with finding the next gig. It's only a matter of time; just keep putting yourself out there.

Could pursue hobbies or work side jobs to make extra income. IME, side jobs can even rival full time work, depending on tax burdens and such. Lawn care, computer repair, vehicle maintenance, whatever it may be that suits your abilities and interests. Could take classes in your spare time, and/or earn certifications.

Have your talked with your previous employer? It wouldn't hurt to make amends there, even if you're not looking to rejoin their group. I've also left better paying jobs than I have now, but I don't much regret this. It's all about learning, improving, and finding a decent balance in life.

Good luck. :smile:

Raj007 09-12-12 05:07 AM

Large, so what are you doing nowadays? We both seem similar- foolish and without any serious plan for future. I know we can't be in this state forever. So, what are your plans to achieve mental calmness? For me, I am trying meditation and hanging with people. Though it's not working miracles, it still is helping.
Tempered, thanks for your words of encouragement.
Hugs, Raj007

Large 09-12-12 06:23 PM

yea Raj007. it is damm hard for me to be around people where they talk about their achievements of the day and how they did this and that. while me i spent my whole day like a plant in front of the TV. but now i am changing that completely. i am turning it 360 degrees. if i have nothing to do i read about business. you have to keep the momentum going or else i'll become rotten. i was the Managing director had 150 employees to manage now i am managing myself. ain't no turning back. back in my job, i was always on the edge of everything in business, negotiating tough deals ....after i left, believe me, i couldn't find the strength to do a small phone call to ask about something i am market researching. very strange ! but now i am turning all things back together....it has been 1 full year since my last job.